Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
A guy on facebook, $1100 he had a set of brand new Bosch bodies with paperwork with 88% nozzles shipped with a flow test and balancing with 1200 miles on them. I know seems sketchy but I didn’t pay full until I knew they were shipped and got a tracking number and used goods and services on PayPal
Ok. If your confident the injectors are good. Lots of injectors not up to spec causing issues. I don’t no anything about new bodies and nozzles added. Would depend who added the nozzles I assume.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Ok. If your confident the injectors are good. Lots of injectors not up to spec causing issues. I don’t no anything about new bodies and nozzles added. Would depend who added the nozzles I assume.
Industrial injection added the nozzles and balanced them

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I want to say it took about a week for Lavon to write the tunes, which seemed fair. I did the datalogs that day and sent them in. Waited a week and not even a confirmation they got them. Called Rick, said he'd make sure they were looked at. Another week goes by, nothing. Then I was pestering almost every other day, only to get told, "looks fine"

which I personally think was a lie, Mat found a weird issue with my truck he fixed and it feels insanely better than firepunks ever did. Imagine firepunk tunes have the same issue, but who knows since they wouldn't respond to me.

Under the 1 year tuning support I tried 3 weeks to get them to look at a log for an issue I was seeing with the tune and get their thoughts. Rick was an a$$hole, couldn't get them to bother to look, finally gave up and switched to Mat.

As just mentioned, They always post about how they are selling trucks and stuff to focus on the business, but then they build a new race truck. They are definitely racing first, customers last.
Does Mat have something like a 1 year of free tuning support? It’s not on the page but I thought I read it somewhere. I just told him about my new injectors and he told me to buy the tune update for $130 on his website

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Does Mat have something like a 1 year of free tuning support? It’s not on the page but I thought I read it somewhere. I just told him about my new injectors and he told me to buy the tune update for $130 on his website
I know if you order a single tune from him it comes with a year of free support

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I don’t know what his policy is but if he that to me there would be an issue
On the switchable tuning it doesn’t say it but on the single tune for our trucks it says a year of free support

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Your not asking for support. Your changing injector size. That’s new tuning.

Support would be fixing your issue with stock replacement injectors for which you asked tuning for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Your not asking for support. Your changing injector size. That’s new tuning.

Support would be fixing your issue with stock replacement injectors for which you asked tuning for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I thought the way I had read it was tuning support. And the a tuning change was money. Ie injectors, pump etc.
I can see how it could be taken that way, but every other tuner you can go through usually says tuning support and then you have a year where you can make changes to your vehicle and they will update the tuning to accommodate your changes for free

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I can see how it could be taken that way, but every other tuner you can go through usually says tuning support and then you have a year where you can make changes to your vehicle and they will update the tuning to accommodate your changes for free
Ya I’m not sure how I would view that if I was him, your having issues so it’s good for him to add some help to solve them.

And to be honest, not that it matters, with having issues already, I would have purchased new Bosch injectors from someone like bbi. Too many chances otherwise.

I know it may be tough to swallow and there is a chance he’s wrong. But if he’s saying injectors and you can’t tell otherwise, either pay for a shop to diagnose yours or replace with a quality set. I personally wouldn’t buy anything from industrial injection. I don’t know what quality their injector work is though. Maybe someone will chime in with that before you waste more time.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
In my experience it's hit or miss. Some tuners will update tunes for anything under their support period, others require paid updates for big changes.

The other guy had him change it from 33% over on the CP3 to stock and didn't mention having to pay.

That said, I'm guessing that change is pretty minor compared to injectors.

I also found Mat's attitude to be awful now, compared to April. Doesn't even seem like the same guy.

Edit: just saw the 1 year tuning support is not on the 6 or 4 tune for the Cummins anymore. I am pretty sure it was but don't have proof.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ya I’m not sure how I would view that if I was him, your having issues so it’s good for him to add some help to solve them.

And to be honest, not that it matters, with having issues already, I would have purchased new Bosch injectors from someone like bbi. Too many chances otherwise.

I know it may be tough to swallow and there is a chance he’s wrong. But if he’s saying injectors and you can’t tell otherwise, either pay for a shop to diagnose yours or replace with a quality set. I personally wouldn’t buy anything from industrial injection. I don’t know what quality their injector work is though. Maybe someone will chime in with that before you waste more time.
I wanted BBI but I can’t afford anything other than used right now. I know it was probably stupid but I can’t chance my truck going down on me and since he had all the paperwork and everything I went ahead and took the chance. And since I’m right by scheid I already called them and told them about my stock injectors and they said it would be a waste of money to have them tested since they had so many miles on them. If they don’t seem like they’re running right I’ll run up to scheid and have them tested again

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
In my experience it's hit or miss. Some tuners will update tunes for anything under their support period, others require paid updates for big changes.

The other guy had him change it from 33% over on the CP3 to stock and didn't mention having to pay.

That said, I'm guessing that change is pretty minor compared to injectors.

I also found Mat's attitude to be awful now, compared to April. Doesn't even seem like the same guy.

Edit: just saw the 1 year tuning support is not on the 6 or 4 tune for the Cummins anymore. I am pretty sure it was but don't have proof.
It’s weird because the Duramax switchable tuning says it on their page but it’s not on the Cummins one. I swear when I bought it I saw it on there

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
And
I tried looking and couldn’t see it anywhere like you mentioned
If you go on his website and click on engine management, it will pull up all the different tuning that he offers. In the description of all of the Duramax tuning, switchable tuning, and single Cummins tuning it says what I screenshotted earlier

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I just don’t want to have to keep throwing money in this just to get it to run the way it should have from the beginning, if I have injector issues I’m not blaming him for that and I went ahead and got new injectors. But if I get new ones and the tunes need just some adjusting to make them work then i would think he would help me out a little with that. That’s just my thought process on this. Again, not trying to hate on him or be a dick but he just hasn’t really been super helpful through all this. At first he says my logs look fine, then after I press him a little bit he says I need injectors. I just don’t really think it adds up.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts