Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Great write up man! Been at this tuning game for two years and im still constantly learning. That modified duration table made me eyes wide haha. Crazy. Takes time and dedication for sure. Patience is a needed virtue for tuning. I love when stuff like this comes up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great write up man! Been at this tuning game for two years and im still constantly learning. That modified duration table made me eyes wide haha. Crazy. Takes time and dedication for sure. Patience is a needed virtue for tuning. I love when stuff like this comes up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes, time and patience are to important ingredients to a good tune!

·
That sunset tho....
2,857 Posts
Yes, time and patience are to important ingredients to a good tune!
Mike I don't know if this has been asked yet or not, but if you take a UDC tune that you have written for say an 05 truck, then load it onto an EFI live compatible truck, will you be able to datalog the UDC tune via EFI to tell exactly what the values are and whether or not they are accurate?

Reactions: StealthDiesel

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mike I don't know if this has been asked yet or not, but if you take a UDC tune that you have written for say an 05 truck, then load it onto an EFI live compatible truck, will you be able to datalog the UDC tune via EFI to tell exactly what the values are and whether or not they are accurate?
Very good question! This is not the exact same scenario but close: On my personal truck (2006) I built a UDC "street" tune very similar to an EFI tune that I was running. I used EFI to data log the UDC tune and the results from the logs were very similar to the tune. Meaning that what I built into the tune was actually being commanded. This is true only up to a certain point on most tunes as with EFILive I can set maximum timing, RPM, limiters, etc where I want them. With UDC these limits are preset and not adjustable for the most part.

·
Registered
824 Posts
VERY good read. Have to agree with Crawfish Pot though. For anyone including myself new to EFI Live the possibilities appear to be endless but so do the disaster possibilities of trying to build maps for someone without the experience. Fork out the dough to the big boys who know what they're doing on the computers

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks for the write up!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts