Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 2005 cummins with some light mods but building to twins for towing. I have HP tuning with ctt tunes but having issues with allot of smoke from their tunes and the revisions have not been good. Right now I have 45% over exergy injectors, 5" exhaust, Afe intake, built towing trans. Still on stock turbo. I know there is going to be some smoke as I need to add more air to the mixture but it is very smokey even on tow tune. Last camping trip only an hour drive and I noticed it is sooting up the side of my camper (light haze). Anyone else ever have this issue with their tunes? How does firepunk relate? Not totally ready to jump ship but getting frustrated with ctt. Last two revisions have caused loping at idle and hanging revs.

Looking for any ideas.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Can't speak for CTT, but Firepunk is the king of terrible customer service IMHO. They are too busy racing to care about customers lol.

Reactions: THE MEGACAB
2,695 Posts
What are your boost, EGT, low side and high side fuel pressure gauge readings?

With 45% injectors and if your CP3 is stock, it may not be able to keep up.
With 45% injectors and a stock turbo, only a really mild tune will keep it from smoking

·
Registered
808 Posts
Can't speak for CTT, but Firepunk is the king of terrible customer service IMHO. They are too busy racing to care about customers lol.
No to distract from this thread, but I mentioned that in the firepunk Facebook group for a guy who was asking why they arnt answering the phones and emails and they deleted the whole topic. TALK ABOUT CORRUPTION!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts