Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ram 3500 with a Cummins 6.7 diesel engine. I deleted it and installed MM3 and a Fish CSP5 switch. The technician flashed the ECM and the truck accepted the tunes. After flashing the ECM the CEL was on. A search revealed an error code of U0101 indicating a loss of communication with the TCM. The technician reset the code and it did not reoccur. The truck did not respond to the changing switch positions representing the different tunes. The technician checked the switch and it did show that it was working by flashing the onboard LED the correct amount of times each time the switch was changed to the different positions. The technician tried a different switch but the truck still won’t change tunes. The technician then replaced the switch’s wiring harness. This did not fix the problem. The technician plugged in a monitor to watch the tunes and to try and change the tunes using the monitor but it did not change the tunes either. The truck only recognizes the first tune that is entered. So this is where we are.

The technician flased the ECM a second time with exactly the same results. U0101 code, reset the code which did not reappear and still no switching tunes.
The technician then tried EFI Live and the same thing happened ending up with no switching. I should add that EFI Live used a 4 position switch.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The code is a common one. I have it everytime I flash codes with an ezlynk. It is just a check code that pops up.
Does your switch have a reset button on it? It could also have a button that acts like a breaker, look for it.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not identify a reset button on the switch.Tomorrow I will test my datalink connector to make sure it has both terminating resistors and proper voltage high and low. I am experiencing no problems with the trasnmission so I will start there. Since I do not know how to tune I can't suggest that some line of code is creating this event. It would be strange that two different tune applicatins could create the same problem. Unless each application has similar design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts