Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm new to this and I have been reading up on tuners. Smarty seems to be the popular choice, but most say that you need to install gauges to monitor your exhaust temp, etc.

I don't really care for the window pillar gauge cluster look.
Is there a tuner that has gauges in it? Like a screen, similar to the H&S for the 6.7?

I looked at H&S and doesn't look like they make a model for the 5.9...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im ordering a 5" tbe from rollin smoke today, and I want a tuner. I want just a little more power and sound from the truck. Not going to get too crazy with it. I'm a beginner.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
The reason I ask is because it would best determing which tuner would be best. If you are planning on staying relatively stock, a edge juice w/ attitude would work for you. If you are planning on making some good power down the road, I would say a Smarty.

You can run a Smarty on 30hp setting without gauges and be fine. I would not go any higher than that tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bullydog GT Tuner is another good option. Decent in price, same setup as H&S. Also good tunes, with built in gauges.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Smarty CR running without gauges (for the moment) and have had no problems. I haven't been getting on it much, due to the fact that the CR's are known for high EGT's and large "smoke shows" on the higher SW's. I run mine on SW3 (60HP) and get 21 MPG highway, and it runs like a scalded ape!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts