Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware of your tuner as being the only California legal tuner..how is this? I know leaving the stock emission components on our trucks is the only legal way to be in California...my truck is an 09 dodge 6.7 Cummins...how does this tuner work with the dpf and egr systems..I've read these tuners just cause the trucks to cycle more and make more soot ...thus potentially harming the truck...does it leave a footprint in the trucks ecm..voiding warranties? I fully believe makers of diesel performance will have to be compliant with the ela more and more in years to come...so kudos to you for being one of the first! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't know what you mean by "ele".
If it should have been epa you could edit the post.

The clowns that post from their cell phones in heavy traffic while eating don't seem to know how to edit their post or may never read them.

You are right that many would be interested regarding any tuner that can be run in California as 'legal'.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I appreciate being called a clown because ive welcomed technology and know how to use something else besides my computer...also thanks for assuming I'm irresponsible enough to ask this question while in traffic...thanks for being stereotypical...don't worry I re-read my post to make sure I checked my spelling...by the way..you own a 95...I asked a real question cause bully dog is the only company to actually get their product California certified...so I wanted to know what makes it different from their non California legal tuner ...but no response...

·
Registered
734 Posts
... bully dog is the only company to actually get their product California certified...so I wanted to know what makes it different from their non California legal tuner ...but no response...
I was not aware ANY add on tuner was legal in California.

Lighten up. I was not referring to you as you don't have a 12 inch lift with big mud tires sticking out throwing rocks nor do you have stacks sticking out the bed or even the hood or have pictures showing how much smoke they can roll or etc. You are in CA and we get stuck first by the EPA. For individuals that post or even use the cell phone is a hazard with a 7k pound weapon.
You have not even mentioned you posted from a cell phone and probably did not.

As mentioned LIGHTEN UP unless something is directed to you and not just a post that follows yours.

What is "ele" ??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "ele" is meant to be epa ...and yes I posted from my phone..my phone just auto corrected but in reality it didn't correct anything lol....and yes...bully dog has a California legal tuner...but what is it that makes it legal! I figured bully dog would have answered by now...I know they probably have other things to do than watch this forum..but in this day in age this is how businesses are promoted...and products are pushed...people have looked at this thread so obviously they want to know too..and in turn that's customers....c'mon bully dog!!!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
This is their customer service . Hint. Hint

·
Registered
734 Posts
https://www.bullydog.com/carb_info.php
Call 940-783-9915 from M-F 8am to 5pm MST for technical support.

Product EO Status List

*Note: If the status of your vehicle says anything other than EO obtained and lists the EO number then the GT or PMT is currently illegal for on-road use on that vehicle in the state of California.

Looking at that list there is none that has EO #****
The "In Process" means just that and is "illegal" until the process is finished and not denied.
Regardless it is the Federal EPA regulations that has precedence.
I very much doubt CA can issue a viable Executive Order (EO) that will supersede or have a variance to the Fed. Regs.

The OP asked a good question. If anyone can verify with a link to documentation that ANY tuner is 'legal' in CA it would be appreciated.

Most tuners are being run 'illegally' with the assumption the won't be caught.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Hey Guys really sorry for the late responses.. been very busy and for some reason was not getting email notifications.

As far as our 50 state legal tuning goes it is the same on our 50 state PN and our 49 state PN. the only difference is we have went through the process of testing with CA and they have approved it.

The power settings are the same as well. 50hp, 80hp, and 120hp on the extreme setting.

As far as tuning the truck with the dpf system and egr system in place we have had very good success. Sure deleting has a bit more potential but that is not an option every person can have. Especially in CA. From my experience our latest tuning has not caused any frequent regen cycles compared to stock. We have spent a lot of time refining the tuning to keep it from doing so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts