Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used 2012 2500 with 12,000 miles and manual transmission. It also has straight piped exhaust and what looks like a sinister egr delete kit and pillar gauges but there isn't a tuner with the truck. Any ideas on what the guy would of used to turn off the dpf/egr I know a tuner is required. Btw leaving behind a deleted and tuned6.4 power stroke and it was great to be drive the old faithfull I 6. Thanks

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Smarty, raceme and Xrt tuners are just handheld devices that tune the truck then get unplugged so you might not see it but it could be tuned.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know the smarty tuner doesn't stay plugged into the truck. I've heard that the mini maxx doesn't have to stay plugged in either, but not sure on that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I know on the power stroke is had to download the stock tune to the tuner before I could upload my tunes. Is this the same concept on the cummins? If so I can see that being a problem in the future for when I want to do my own tuning

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks. I know on the power stroke is had to download the stock tune to the tuner before I could upload my tunes. Is this the same concept on the cummins? If so I can see that being a problem in the future for when I want to do my own tuning
Same idea yes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts