Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just added the quadzilla pulse v2 tuner to my Cummins and have no idea what the settings should be for maximum power can anyone help?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
that will very with each truck...

make your way over to mopar1973man website, they host quad tunes.

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
The pulse screen is nearly 10 years old at this point and not hugely supported. there are some older tunes floating around, but you would be much better off to update to the Iquad so you can run V2 tuning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that will very with each truck...

make your way over to mopar1973man website, they host quad tunes.
The pulse screen is nearly 10 years old at this point and not hugely supported. there are some older tunes floating around, but you would be much better off to update to the Iquad so you can run V2 tuning.
If I update would I have to change out all the wiring in it or just the programmer box?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Why upgrade to an iquad?
Is there any substantial performance gains vs the preEPA regulated quads
Other than the Valet mode of the V2 tune, im not seeing any noticeable improvenent for a daily driver Ram.
Personnaly, i prefer having a screen that stays in the truck, irregardless of who is driving, or whether i have my phone/smart device on me at the moment.
Use the money towards bigger injectors, or any number of other mods.
With 120h injectors, nv4500 and hx35...the preEPA regulated quad adrenaline/pv2 makes more power than i want to send thru the Ujoints from a deadstop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why upgrade to an iquad?
Is there any substantial performance gains vs the preEPA regulated quads
Other than the Valet mode of the V2 tune, im not seeing any noticeable improvenent for a daily driver Ram.
Personnaly, i prefer having a screen that stays in the truck, irregardless of who is driving, or whether i have my phone/smart device on me at the moment.
Use the money towards bigger injectors, or any number of other mods.
With 120h injectors, nv4500 and hx35...the preEPA regulated quad adrenaline/pv2 makes more power than i want to send thru the Ujoints from a deadstop.
That’s what’i had in mind in the first place, bugger injectors, bigger turbo, intake elbow upgrade and I was just seeing if the screen program boxes would be worth the switch, also how would I strengthen my u-joints for more power?

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
There is no " pre epa" quad..... same box, all you need to update is the Iquad dongle and to reflash the box under the hood.

The V2 tuning adding 35+ tuning variables to the older tuning. if you can't see a difference between the older tuning and the V2 tuning you should look again....

The V2 tuning can put down as much power as the old tunes, but it was do it nearly smoke free.

My daily tune passed emissions testing here in colorado running 7 x .012 injectors......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts