Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front end sway bar link kit for 04 by tuff country doesn't match up to the existing bracket. I've been told to use part number 30929. what is it I can't find anything about this part by tuff country?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah not seeing that P/N listed on the site either. When you say it doesn't match up to the existing bracket, what exactly are you talking about, the sway bar or the axle mount? Also, are you running dual steering stabilizers? If they don't work here is another one you might look at:
SuspensionMAXX :: MAXX Links - Heavy Duty Sway Bar End Links

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wouldn't see that as an issue since they are adjustable, and it says will work with 0-6" of lift.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Front end sway bar link kit for 04 by tuff country doesn't match up to the existing bracket. I've been told to use part number 30929. what is it I can't find anything about this part by tuff country?
I bought the same end links when I had my 06 and I put a 4" lift on and they went on just fine.:confused013:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was under the impression the MAXX links were only good up to 3-4" lift. Wanted to get those to mount up a sway bar behind mine.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Right and wrong lol, they are in the ones listed (for 0-3")but they will custom make a set to fit whatever lift height you have if you give them a call.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tuff Country sway bar end link kit problem solved

So Here is the deal. On most applications this particular kit will bolt right on no problem. Except on some lift kit applications (tuff country) and with my 2004, it required a modification to the brackets on the axle where the end links mount. The brackets on my truck are designed to bolt the pins for the sway bar thru the top of the axle mounted bracket. Most trucks there is a side mount which makes this application a no brainer. The solution if you find yourself in this situation with the mounting point on top is to order P/N 30929 from Tuff Country. This kit comes with adapter brackets for the bottom so you can bolt on the new sway bar end links. Thanks for all that replied rendering assistance.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's an interesting fact, very curious why AAM would have had a variation like that. Good write up though and hopefully it will help out someone else who may be in the same scenario.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.