Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Tuff Country 6" lift kit on ebay from topgunz customs for $799 dollars. Is this a good kit. I don't do any hard offroading, just muddy construction sites. Do I need a transfer case index ring for this kit. Wanting to run 37" x 12.5" on my factory wheels. Thanks.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Personally i think that Tuff Country is one of the better kits as far as smoothness in the ride goes. Not sure bout your transfer case question.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Found a Tuff Country 6" lift kit on ebay from topgunz customs for $799 dollars. Is this a good kit. I don't do any hard offroading, just muddy construction sites. Do I need a transfer case index ring for this kit. Wanting to run 37" x 12.5" on my factory wheels. Thanks.
This lift kit has a very nice ride on the street. A little soft off road, if you hit any hard bumps faster than 10 mph on your construction site it tends to bottom out. If you upgrade to Bilstein shocks, you will be very happy with this lift for what you want to do for around $1,000. No index ring needed. 37" x 12.5" on your factory wheels will not rub. This lift kit is no where near the quality of a suspension system like Lorenz, Carli, Kore, etc. but also no where near the price.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,673 Posts
it shows that a diesel will only get 5.5" of lift in the front due to heavy engine.

jase 4x4, did you lose any height with having the cummins PLUS the big bumper ?

thats an awesome price for a 6" lift. obviously it wont be the quality of more expensive lifts, but it would fit me hauling cattle and pasture driving for sure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Yea its either that kit or the Topgunzcustom 6" kit. I think they are both made by Tuff country but the topgunz kit is cheaper and guarantees 6" in the front, where tuff country's is only 5.5" on a diesel. I'm mainly going for looks and ride/dependability-don't do any fast offroadin.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have the Tuff country 6" lift from topgunz. Your right thier kit is the same as Tuff Country. Same manufactuar and everything. I have the duel shocks up front it rides pretty nice on the street and theres not a chance in hell of it bottoming out even with modest offroading. Its almost too stiff on the street. I like the ride. Wife hates it. I did upgrade to the new springs upfront instead of the spacer. It was a deal they were offering for no charge.
If you get (i encourage) the duel steering stabilizer, make sure you get the tuff country stabilizer.I had to order it elsewhere. Topgunz carried superlift at the time which only works on superlift kits and factory.Save your self some frustration.You will need the transfer drop bracket for the driveshaft. I have 325/65/18(wish I went for 37's) and i needed it on my Mega cab.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I won't need the driveshaft bracket-I have a HUGE single driveshaft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am very happy with the 6" topgunscustomz lift. I ordered it with the diesel specific springs and the ride seems decent. Not quite as nice good as stock but acceptable. I didn't need any other spacers on an 07.5 quad cab, and the kit was a fairly easy install. If I was to do it again, I would definitely buy the same kit. Bang for you buck its hard to beat!!! About 1000 bucks shipped with the nitrogen shocks.

Attachments

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,673 Posts
I bet the front is only 5" now instead of 6", seems to look fine. I guess from the factory the front is 2" lower than the rear so it's all good.

nice - it looks sweet, slight raked stance.
i had a jeep liberty with a 3" lift, soft springs. i hung an arb winch bumper on the front and it sagged almost an inch in just a few months. had to get old man emu 500# springs to raise it back up.

think im gonna look into getting that kit.
would you have any issue pulling a gooseneck with that much lift, anyone know ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey guys i was just wondering is this kit a complete bolt on kit or is their cutting and fabrication needed to be done to install this kit?

I too am looking at buying this kit but all the offroad shops here in town dont like tuffcountry lift kits but i think for the size lift $800 isnt bad.

One more thing what about Roughcountry they also have one for right about the same price maybe a few dollars more dont remember. Anyone heard about them? I saw them on topguncustomz website aswell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts