Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hooked up my tst power max 3...but nothing is happening..the box has power but the chip itself is not working..no power..weve gone over the directions more times than i can count..everything is hooked up right..its just not working!
any ideas of what it could be?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats done..but without it shouldnt it still give it some power?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had the same problem. is your green fueling light coming on? those wire taps can be tricky. also make sure you taped into the correct ip wire.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its not but im pretty sure its the correct wire...its the one they show in the instructions..

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Moved to the 98.5-02 performance parts discussion forum.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Check all the connections and check the inline fuse 2 or 2.5 amp fuse, and if the fuse is blown replace it with that one, if you go bigger you could burn the box up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
were checked them about 100 times and i replaced the fuse...and still nothing..

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
is your tap good?? i.e., how did you make the connection... the scotchlock connectors have a bad reputation as do the bullet style connectors...

and, though you've checked 100 times, are you sure you pierced the correct wire?? if you're fuse is good and you're green fueling light is on, I suspect you have tapped the wrong wire... they do get a bit jumbled in the wire loom and it's easy to tap the wrong one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the green light is not on..is that a wrong wire?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
yeah light not on means not fueling/wrong wire, and when you tap it, the wire you are tapping, strip about an inch of it and solder the wire to it and heat shrink it or something along those lines.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and is it the wire that comes of the prong or the pump?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
i've never done it but i'm sure guys will chime in on that one, i just talked to drew from coal train, he is driving up right now from downstate michigan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet..and he can help me out with the wire?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts