Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

tst powermax

2705 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  jmd025
thinkin maybe after a tranny upgrade, 100 hp injectors, upgrading ez to a comp, getting a powermax2 to stack with the comp, what yall think?

powermax add fuel and timing? just fuel? stack well with comp??

powermax 2, and 3
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,622 Posts
thinkin maybe after a tranny upgrade, 100 hp injectors, upgrading ez to a comp, getting a powermax2 to stack with the comp, what yall think?

powermax add fuel and timing? just fuel? stack well with comp??

powermax 2, and 3
the Edge Comp and TST Powermax both tap the pump wire and only one can be 'connected' to the pump at a time.... you already have an Edge EZ which is a good match for a TST Powermax so save yourself some dollars and keep the EZ, get a Powermax 3 w/remote and stack those together....

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...05321-performance-electronics-hp-ratings.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...iscussion/202233-chip-stacking-look-here.html

Do some reading here, and try the search function. There has been alot of talk about this ... The short answer is EZ/TST is a great stack .... Cant do two wire taps, but comp untapped is the same as the EZ.
i did search and looked at both those links for quite some time studing them. i guess the reason for this thread was the chart says nothing about stacking a powermax 2, only the powermax 3. so i didnt know if it was different. and i also could not find info anywhere if the powermax added just fuel, or timing. but if the three is the same as the 2, just higher levels, that are adjustable so it can be used as a 1 or 2 or 3 then the 3 is the way to go. depending on the $$ difference.

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This stack should give you very good power in the mid a upper range of rpms. The best thing for low end power is a Smarty.
smarty fuels at lower rpms?? at what point would i be putting in two much fuel? an ez, tst pm3, and smarty seems like a lot of fuel compared to stock, but so many of you are doing it so it must be ok

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have also read a lot of people saying they dont turn the tst on unless there racing, and if i dont race much maybe it would not be worth the money? its for my dd and i dont tow often at all, or race often at all either, just looking for more power to play with and once in a while race on the streets

· Registered
6,585 Posts
i have also read a lot of people saying they dont turn the tst on unless there racing, and if i dont race much maybe it would not be worth the money? its for my dd and i dont tow often at all, or race often at all either, just looking for more power to play with and once in a while race on the streets
keep your ez, stack it with the PM3.

thats how i run my truck (and alot of others run theirs). 99% of the time on the "economy setting" then when its time to go play, turn the wick up, and let her rip!

· Registered
2,622 Posts
i did search and looked at both those links for quite some time studing them. i guess the reason for this thread was the chart says nothing about stacking a powermax 2, only the powermax 3. so i didnt know if it was different. and i also could not find info anywhere if the powermax added just fuel, or timing. but if the three is the same as the 2, just higher levels, that are adjustable so it can be used as a 1 or 2 or 3 then the 3 is the way to go. depending on the $$ difference.
TST sells the Powermax at 3 SET power levels in the PM1, PM2 and PM3.... if you're going to be buying a Powermax, you're ahead to also buy the PM3 and remote which gives you access to all of the 9 power levels that the Powermax has.

The TST Powermax is a fuel only box...

· Registered
32 Posts
can a powermax be stacked with a power puck?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.