Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving this evening I noticed the truck losing power randomly. I noticed the remote readout going blank then coming back on randomly. It was dark when I got home, so I haven't looked at it in detail. Any ideas? I took a video of the remote while driving. Take a look. Happens around 0:36

TST Powermax3 remote issue - YouTube

·
Registered
701 Posts
looks like a ground issue to me..

·
Registered
701 Posts
^^^ the video looks like it resets and sets back on "4".. The Power loss is what leads me to a ground / wiring issue... if it was just the phone jack leading to the monitor.. I would not expect a loss in power.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The box stays on, at least the lights do. It's the remote that resets and it always goes back to whatever setting it was on. I think I grounded it to the battery, I'll check on that tomorrow. Thanks guys! The loss in power may not be caused by that. It seems as though it is defueling at higher rpms. I also pulled p0234 and p0236 codes today before I noticed all of this. I had a bad MAP sensor that was recently replaced, so I think that's where the p0236 came from. The overboost code has me stumped. I have a boost fooler in the van Aaken box. When I reset the overboost code, it comes back without even starting the truck. No CEL and codes were checked at local parts store.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The TST also does boost fooling.
I was unaware of that. How would I get an overboost code then If both do boost fooling? Hell, it was throwing the p0234 code immediately after clearing it. Truck not running. Unless the scanner wasn't properly erasing codes:confused013:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a loose connection at the green wire near firewall which I believe is the 12 supply. Would this cause the over boost code if the TST was losing power? I've also got the Van aaken box that boost fools as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts