TST PowerMax CR New R-49 model...or...Smarty

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
smarty hands down!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've got both and I like the Smarty over the TST. I am stacking both on my truck and the power is really smouth. I have the Smarty on SW#3 with moderate torque management and my TST on 2/0. Sometimes I will just run the Smarty programming and leave the TST off.

I would have to say.... Get the Smarty and you will be very happy.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
TST is claiming that with the r-49, FASS system, and a clutch that they can put down 515rwhp and 1200 ft/lbs with the r-49 on 7/7. Will these new tune from smarty be able to put numbers down like this?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
TST is claiming that with the r-49, FASS system, and a clutch that they can put down 515rwhp and 1200 ft/lbs with the r-49 on 7/7. Will these new tune from smarty be able to put numbers down like this?
maybe but a stock turbo is not going to like 500+.....I would not try to run that much exhaust gas through a 9cm area.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like the smarty is the way to go for now. So how do you get this new tnt tune??

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
well all i was wanting to know is if the smarty could put numbers down like that.

Well i put a thread up about the TNT tunes and bob replied with "please no more request right now" so it sounds like they are very busy and i dont know when he can get the tune out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
TST owner here, just wondering how much protection you guy's get with the smarty. I like the Idea that I can watch the road while pulling a hill and not worrying about EGT's. Has Marco figured out how to do this with a program. Oh and does it protect for over boost, and have turbo cool down. I havn't been on the site for a while. Just wondering whats out now. I realy like what I'v heard about the SMARTY.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have both. I have had other tuners/programmers and must say the Smarty and TST are the best. I like the adjustability of the TST. I program the Smarty on whatever level I see fit (if towing I leave it low, for example) and adjust the TST if I want more power on the fly.

Smarty seems to maintain exhaust temps better than the TST. TST seems to spike the egts way up when set high. Hopefully the bigger bottom turbo I just ordered will remedy that.

TST has the turbo cool down timer, fuel pressure adjustment, timing adjustment, egt high temp feature, and four different fuelling programs all on the fly adjustment.

If Smarty had these adjustments on the fly I would sell the TST. Though, I think the TST has better top end power.

Still testing the two. Always upgrading. Seems to never end. When I finally have the adjustments I need another company will come out with something better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts