Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

tst comp or adr?

1076 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Jake98.24v
need some help deciding what to try next, i borrowed a drag comp i didnt like it much made the truck completely laggy, what have most of you guys had better luck with? and what do you think would work well with the truck in my sig? ive been considering the adr, but alota ppl say the tst comp and smarty are a bada$$ stack? any opnions?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Future Fly Boy!
2,227 Posts
edge laggy? i have the hot unlock and it fuels hard...i have lag but i got a big single...were you pushing too much fuel? i doubt it but i know that my 240+ injectors and the box w/ low end settings all the way up put out the fire...never heard of the edge being laggy though...did you tap the vp with it?

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya it was super laggy with my 64/14, everything was tapped an hooked up correctly, too much fuel is my opnion, thats what i like about my xzillaraider, doesnt really start to fuel hard till about 1500-1700rpms, lets the turbo get spooled a lil, idk my setup jus didnt work well with the drag comp????

· Registered
75 Posts
id go tst on mine anything above setting 5 and there is no lag fuels awesome and a bulletproof setup.

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Im running the powermax 3 now and im pretty pleased with it. it only fuels when there is boost so its laggy from the start but stacking it with a smarty is what i plan to do to fix that!

· Diesel South
1,509 Posts
the tst comp is a clean running box! it builds great power, and stacks awesome with a smarty! too much fuel on the bottom will be from the smarty not the comp! it hooks to the map, injector pump wiring harness and a key on 12v source!

the adrenaline is pulls hard, but is not as smooth as the tst, smarty stack

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
i thinks it's an $100 upgrade (don't quote me on that) but the PM3 w/ remote is $599...

· Registered
415 Posts
With the smarty You don't really need the comp upgrade on the tst. The powermax 3 with remote and the smarty stack is about as smooth as it gets, off the line or top end either it just can't be beat.

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
With the smarty You don't really need the comp upgrade on the tst. The powermax 3 with remote and the smarty stack is about as smooth as it gets, off the line or top end either it just can't be beat.
hmmmm.....true, you don't need it, but i'd like to get the extra HP out of the COMP on the topend...

i will agree with ya though....even just have'n the EZ/TST PM3 stack, it's very smooth...

· Registered
415 Posts
hmmmm.....true, you don't need it, but i'd like to get the extra HP out of the COMP on the topend...

i will agree with ya though....even just have'n the EZ/TST PM3 stack, it's very smooth...
Corect Me if I am wrong, but doesn't the comp upgrade just raise the rev limiter? The Smarty does that also.

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Corect Me if I am wrong, but doesn't the comp upgrade just raise the rev limiter? The Smarty does that also.
How much power does the PowerMax, PowerMax2, PowerMax3, and PowerMax Competition add?

The non adjustable PowerMax has a power level of 65 horsepower and 160 lb-ft of torque above stock at the ground. The non adjustable PowerMax2 adds 90 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque at the ground. The non adjustable PowerMax3 adds 120 hp and 360 torque at the ground.
The adjustable PowerMax3 is adjustable with a remote. Level 0 = stock power, 1 = 20 hp and 40 lb-ft above stock at the ground with each step up equaling about another 15 horsepower (tapering down at the higher levels) and 40 torque at the ground.

Power Level HP Torque

0 0 0

1 20 40

2 35 80

3 50 120

4 65 160 Max for stock automatic trans

5 80 200

6 90 240 Max for stock manual trans

7 100 280

8 110 320

9 120 360

A good rule of thumb is about 120/9 = about 13 HP increase per level.

The PMCE (Competition) adds 180 HP and 450 lb-ft Torque (on level 9) for the standard engine. The HO (High Output) engine (2001-2002) already has 245 HP and the PMCE (Competition) does not make as much of a difference and adds 80HP and 310 lb-ft of Torque.

The PM3 starts cutting back at 3000 RPM. The PMCE (Competition) starts cutting back at 4500 RPM.

FAQ's

:thumbsup:

· Registered
158 Posts
Im thinking about getting a tst comp to stack with my edge juice and make it an ez, but I'm gonna need a clutch and vp first.

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
hurry up stinkin airdog! i cant wait to get this tst comp blazin away :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
66 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.