Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I got a 07 5.9 and already have a bully dog on my truck with the crazy larry setting and very pleased with it but I was looking for somthing that will stack with it. I was thinking of the tst powermax cr. I have herd it was a good power adder and should be the last one I need. Is this a good idea to stack it or should i just run it by itself? also what would I need to do to my truck to be able to use it safe and on the higher settings. any info will be greatly appreciated guys I dont know much about these and dont want to tear my truck up.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
before running a stack combo you first need to address the fuel lift pump,turbo,and clutch at the least

·
Registered
674 Posts
i run that stack but turn the bullydog down to performance and run the tst on 3 timming on 12 but i have the suporting mods for it. it will destroy a stock clutch im sure, and egts will be extreme on stock turbo

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
i run that stack but turn the bullydog down to performance and run the tst on 3 timming on 12 but i have the suporting mods for it. it will destroy a stock clutch im sure, and egts will be extreme on stock turbo
that is still a lot of timing performance setting on bullydog adds 10 degrees of timing so over all the is 22 degrees of timing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
never makes any rattle, dont injectors change things some? i know it pulls hard

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I was told injectors add timing so I would think stockers could run a little more timing than people with big sticks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The TST wont work on a 07' unless they have gotten things figured out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i understand what your saying but do you think the performance setting advances the timming through the entire rpm range because on performance the bullydog seems to sign off way before 3000rpms and the tst adds fuel (on the standard program at 32psi) it just seems like the tst picks up where the dully dog signs off. my egts stay in check but it will hit 1500plus pre turbo

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have found one on the internet that says its for a 06 and 07. I havent had no problem with my clutch slipping yet but I can fix that when the time comes for a new one. I can always turn the programmers down. what all pumps and turbos would yall recomend? I do alot of heavy pulling and this is my daily driver so it needs to be streetable and get decent milage also. I would like to have the industrial injection towing twins. is this a good set up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im running the this stack and I had it dynoed and running pmt on extreme and tst on 4 hp and 0 trq gave me 40 more hp than pmt alone. But when i am driving decently I do hear a rattle which I am blaming it on timeing. So when I am daily driving I unplug the tst. What I do not like is it still rattles if I set truck to stock on pmt(uninstall pmt) but my boost runs a lot higher with the tst than the pmt alone thus egt's run cooler. With both on they run about 1300 wot(when i had it dynoed). My mpg are about 16-18 on hiway driving decent(empty). I tow a 16,000 36ft 5th wheel around that I stay in for work. Hiway mpg are about 9 but with all my mods the egts do got get above 900 and trans temp stays about 180, truck temp about 205, and even on hilly roads, not to many of them in the texas panhandle though.I also agree with rpainter about lift pmp,clutch,turbo.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have found one on the internet that says its for a 06 and 07. I havent had no problem with my clutch slipping yet but I can fix that when the time comes for a new one. I can always turn the programmers down. what all pumps and turbos would yall recomend? I do alot of heavy pulling and this is my daily driver so it needs to be streetable and get decent milage also. I would like to have the industrial injection towing twins. is this a good set up?
TST will not work on trucks with build dates 6/06 and above!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what I have read and herd. I wonder why they say its for a 07? I also had a guy i met at work say he hadone on a 07 but he might be full of it to.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
i have the newest version with the adjustable timing and with the timing off i can run the tst up to 5x5 on the early twins program and the bullydog on scarry larry then crank the ez up and hold on there is definently a lot of fuel there

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what year model is your truck? I dont see why one for a 06 wouldnt work. they didnt change anything that I know of between the two years

1 - 15 of 15 Posts