Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tsb #

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  drtnsnw 
#1 ·
I need the TSB# for the new overhead info before I go to the dealer in the AM!!!

Can someone post it for me??

I found the pic of the sticker but not the TSB # and the dealer says they need the #

Help me please before I leave in the morning

Thanks guys
Chris

#2 ·
I just got my truck flashed. I beleive iti was the AX flash for the 08 trucks. They also asked for the TSB number when i inquired if they had the latest flash. and I said I didnt know that. Just make sure the starscan has the current rev. for the upload. If they give you the overhead sticker then you have the latest.

#4 ·
I am ignorent to the Ax flash! What does it mean and what does it do?

#5 ·
The AX is aparently the flash for the 2008 Trucks. It adresses the DPF and how the truck reacts to Idle times and performing in a more favorable way to adress the DPF issues.

You will also receive a DVD, owners manual supliment about the 6.7 and a sticker that is placed on the visor explaining what the over head readouts mean comcerning the DPF, regen cycles and % plugged.

#8 ·
So far not a single person has reported ever seeing any new overhead messages after this TSB is completed. No messages saying Regen etc. No difference!

The booklet I got with the TSB does say messages display depend on manufacture date of truck.

#9 ·
mattpopp is correct on the flashes with the exception that manual transmission '08 trucks are at AO. Automatic transmission '08 trucks are at AP.

With regards to the new EVIC messages, I believe they are only going to come up if the DPF begins to get filled above 70% or so. I think we are all misinterpreting the wording of the TSB and the visor sticker. We think that the "regen in progress" and "regen complete" messages will come up EVERY time the truck goes into regen. I now believe that the only time we will see these messages is AFTER we get a "dpf xx% full" message. The EVIC will notify us when the DPF is nearing full so we can get to a point where we can maintain highway speed for 45-50 minutes, then it will notify us that the regeneration process has begun. Once it is complete, the EVIC will let us know so that we may go about our business. I think the latest flash (AX for '07.5, AO for G56 '08, AP for 68RFE '08) is also addressing some of the issues with DPF's clogging so people aren't filling their DPFs up as much as a few months ago. This is why there haven't been any reports of people seeing these new messages.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

#10 ·
well I talked to the dealer tonight and the tsb is done along with 2 other flashes. I talked with the tech too about getting a Edge Insight and he said that it would void the warranty because it will change the programming. I think he is just uninformed so I will probably get the insight anyway.

So far I am not very impressed with Carson Dodge. They have given me the old can't recreate the condition of the gas tqnk heat shield rattling and told me it was the flatbed doing it. I may have to throw a fit tomorow

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.