Flash: 5.9L Turbo-Diesel engine system enhancements
This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 5.9L Turbo Diesel engine (sales codes ETC and ETH respectively). The bulletin supersedes 18-022-06 dated 07/13/06. The following enhancements are included with this software update:
* Improved engine cooling (radiator fan activation) and prevention of possible engine overheat. When coolant temperature faults are present the radiator fan is enabled (turned on) during vehicle operation.
* Correction to oil pressure reading when engine is operating at higher engine temperatures above 195°F.
* Improvement to the Temperature Sensor Rationality Test to prevent possible false test failures and their following related diagnostic trouble codes:
DTC P0071 – Inlet Air Temperature Sensor Rationality
DTC P0111 – Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Rationality
DTC P0514 – Battery Temperature Sensor Rationality.
* Additional water-in-fuel (WIF) warning added to indicate that the operator has had a WIF (DTC P2269) and has continued to operate the vehicle in excess of 500 miles without draining the water from the fuel fi lter. The following is the new WIF DTC that has been added: DTC P0169 – WIF Too Long Error
* Improvement to the fuel pressure rationality test to prevent false test failures and the related DTC 0191.
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the engine control module with new software.
Right now I'm stock when it comes to engine management. Holding off on a Smarty until I'm out of warranty.
Yep, that is what I read. Still not taking the chance right at this moment. Bigger issue is that I don't have the $500 to drop on a tuner.My understanding was that smarty doesn't leave any traces