Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T&S Outlaw Drag Race" was CANCELLED by Beech Bend Drag Strip track Officials this morning due to unknown persons damaging the Drag Race Campgrounds sometime last night! Apparently, unknown persons did "donuts" on many of the grassy areas in those campgrounds throwing mud and debris everywhere and damaging other areas also!

I feel sorry for the racers and the guys who done the damage. Cause there going to get a whoopin if the crowd catches them.
Nick

· Registered
1,181 Posts
I *heard* that after they did the donuts and stuff in teh mud, they drove or raced down teh track leaving mud all down the track..

That's just what I heard though.

Sucks.

Merrick

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Thats what we hear. I feel bad for all the guys that made the trip, and staying in town and then have the show canceled. Once again a few ruin it for the rest. I also heard they went down the drag strip with mud covered tires, ruining that as well. My buddy called me from there, said they are going to mooresville NC to drag race on the way back. Now I'm glad I couldn't make the trip this year.

· Banned
544 Posts
Idiots..... thats all I can Say

· Registered
1,198 Posts
We've been discussing this issue all day on the powerstroke forum, this is what was posted from CompD onto our forum, here's what it said

[QUOTE Originally Posted by ILLINOISRAM
I just got first hand that a db in the pits floored his truck to get out of a mudhole, covered the pulling trucks lined up behind him with mud, shot out of the spot and ran straight into a trailers axles and f'ed the trailer up. The trailer hauled two trucks in. It just keeps getting better.LOL QUOTE]

· Tennesse Chapter President
1,798 Posts
I heard besides the donuts in the grass, they decided to do a truck pull on the track. The owner of the track, supposedly said there will not be a "next year" :doh:

· Crayola spokesperson
6,407 Posts
I heard besides the donuts in the grass, they decided to do a truck pull on the track. The owner of the track, supposedly said there will not be a "next year" :doh:
can you really blame the officals they have to look out for the well beoing of every one on the track i race in the circut i can only imagine what would happen when a tire cathes a chunk of mud and once again one ior two morons make the whole diesel community look bad.....

· Tennesse Chapter President
1,798 Posts
I totally agree with you farmboy :thumbsup:

· Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,941 Posts
Its sad how stupid people can be. The responsible parties, but it also seemed that Beech Bend would have planned on having some security to keep such an occurance from happening. The track looked clean from the rain when we drove there, and keeping the event going would have paid, and then some, for the damages the idiots caused. Just a thought.

· Premium Member
244 Posts
what an f***ed up weedend....i was there and it was a good time other than the idiots screwing it up for the rest of us...i heard there was a guy from an artica drove all the way there just to dragrace and didnt get that chance. also heard that they did over $15,000 dollars worth of damage. then at the pull they were no where neer organized and turning away every other or more truck due to no bolts in the dp. there were some odd 100+ trucks in the 2.6 class....but overall it was an ok weekend.. i dont see TS happening again....at least not in bowling green......imo

· Registered
165 Posts
There are a lot of people in this sport that need an ethics lesson! We drove 5 hours and were very disappointed to say the least

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.