Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to watch my egt and fuel pressure but the wife thinks guages in the truck are ugly so thats a no go. Ive seen the ts performance moniter on ebay and thought about trying that. If anyone has one, what do you think? Are there any other options other than the edge?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Gauges in a truck UGLY? Huh! Trucks WITHOUT gauges are ugly! JMO

Check out Bully Dogs's PMT for the 6.7.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I wood just get the Edge juice since it has a small monitor. Then just mount the display in a none dash location so its out of your line off direct sight(plus your wifes). Does your wife hate all gauges or just trucks that have a pillar full of gauges?

·
Registered
37 Posts
gauges if done tastefully can look pretty good.. match the interior color's to the faces of the gauge and they'll almost be invisible..

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
gauges if done tastefully can look pretty good.. match the interior color's to the faces of the gauge and they'll almost be invisible..
You are right. Try doing a search for gauge pods on this site. I have seen many very nice setups that look like a factory offering. There are a number of aftermarket gauges that match up with the factory look very nicely. Things have come a long ways since the old days where you had to bolt up accessories under the dash or anywhere they would fit.

I installed an Edge Juice w/a that has electronic gauges and am very happy with it so far. I still want to install some mechanical gauges as I trust them more than electronic ones. I have also heard that there are a few discrepencies between an analog(mechanical) and electronic gauges (tapped into the ecm). Good luck with your new truck!

·
Registered
503 Posts
i thought real men owned trucks!:lol3: she can do anything in the house but when it comes to the truck she has NO SAY!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has a bunch of say right now...im trying to talk her into selling her tahoe so I can get a 5.9 to play with. If it was up to me I would have gauges all over the truck. Ive already got my shopping cart ready on genos garage all I have left is to check out. I do my best to find mods that are as close to stock looking as possible. Maybe ill just surprise her with an early christmas present like I did with the tires and cortex...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts