Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright ive got a 1990 dodge ram350 2WD LB regular cab automatic transmission. i can start it up and put it in gear and raise the rpm's to practically redlining it and barley move. i've tried reverse as well and got the same problem. my trucks got 144.000 original miles on it. i've got a small leak from my transmission oil cooler line where it goes into the transmission housing and i'm in the process of fixing that. Also towards the rear of the transmission there is some kind of an electronic sensor a few wires going to it. but i've also got a 16 gauge blue with white stripe wire hanging from that same bundle of wires. i can not find where it goes, that should'nt effect it completly should it??? I was wondering if i filled the tranny back up after i fix the leak and drain the fluid to check for metal shavings, fill it back up do you think the transmission will pull or do you think it is something as much as the torque conveter gone bad in it? so there's my problem hopefully someone can give me an idea as to what's wrong with it or things to try to fix it.(hopefully cheap quick fix) doubt it though. thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.