Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i work for the military and am currently in Germany. it is a long story on how i got here so i'll spare the details. i finally got to buy a 1996 2500 4x4 auto, have had it for awhile now, and absolutely LOVE it. i bought it from a german guy and it had less than 80000 miles when i bought it. it is in VERY good shape and i want to keep it that way.
since it takes a while to get parts, and it is my daily driver, i could use some info on what i should have, or should do to prevent walking. it is BONE STOCK, except for the boost elbow. i have a fuel plate but am a little scared to put it in due to automatic trans issues i keep reading about.
i have managed to put a lift kit and 33's on it a DT track Bar and all new tie rods. thats it.
i baby the hell out of it, so i can keep gettin decent milage. i aint really lookin for a bunch of power (yet!!!) just interested in keepin it together. any advice would be HUGELY appreciated, as i hate walking.

i have noticed that when its runnin and i turn the wheel a tiny bit, i get a weird vibration in the steering wheel. it actually vibrates the whole truck. no leaks, power steering full, turns good, blah blah blah. any ideas???

thanks,

wretchid

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Just keep up on all your maintenance intervals and dont beat on the truck a lot and you should be good...

If your are handy with a wrench look in to a DTT Do-It-Yourself trans build...

Will save you tons of cash and make your truck a lot more reliable...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am pretty decent with workin on stuff. although i must say that a trans is kinda intimidating.... especially on my daily driver. and in Germany, a spare trans to buy USED to put the kit in, even if it is fried, costs about 900 Euro. that is about $1300 today. i do like the idea of a stout trans, and will look into that.

any ideas on the vibration???

do i benefit anything for the fuel heater delete?
how reliable are the stock lift pumps and should i upgrade to an Air Dog?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Hard to tell what the vibration is if i cant see it sorry...

For the fuel heater no real benefit just make sure the screen is clean..

And the stock LP is a good unit and can support some power so if u dont plan on making 450+ u should be good with it...

Reactions: wretchid
1 - 4 of 4 Posts