Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing lines (again) on my 2000 3500 4WD, Ext. Cab, Long bed, and this time the junction box at the front of the truck that the front-to-read hard line threads into,
JunctionBlock.jpg
pulled the threads with the new line 1/2 way threaded in.

I've searched every parts catalog I can find, and while they visibly show it in the diagrams, they don't list a part # for it. Anyone run into this before and find a solution?

It's the part circled in red, shown twice in the below diagrams:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spoke to the dealer today, and they're coming up with the same thing--no part number listed for this.

I'm just at a loss.

I'm guessing it can be bypassed with some work, or I can adapt it using something else, but I'm unsure if there is any proportioning aspect involved inside the block as it is the feed for the rear brakes.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Try a wrecking yard.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
When I replaced my cab with a 1500 cab I was pleasantly surprised to see that brake line junction is exactly the same.Mine was so rusted I was afraid to touch it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay--after fighting with the brakes on this thing (line rust, and above), hopefully this will help someone in the future.

These parts are discontinued, and vary per truck. Some of the trucks have a single junction block on the bracket, others have a two singles.

As 7091 said, this is just a junction block, and Dodge seemingly did this to kinda push people to the dealer if they needed a new line. The line to the rear (at least on a 2000 3500) comes out of the front-top port of the ABS block. The fitting that goes into the block is a 10x1.00mm bubble flare. The other end of the line is a 12x1.00 double flare. The junction block adapts it back down to 10x1.00.

I already had a SS braided, teflon brake hose made to replace the line running from the driver's side wheel well, back the frame to the rubber hose that goes to the axle.

So, I just had another line made up to replace the one from the ABS block to the wheel well.

ABS ---> Wheel Well line: 3AN to 10x1.00 Bubble Flare Adapter, 3AN line 36" long, straight, female 3AN swivel fitting on one side, 10x1.00mm female, swivel bubble fitting on the other end.

This will connect to either the OEM hard line, or an equivalent replacement line using the same line ends as stock.

At this point, the only lines I didn't replace are the axle hard lines, and the front hard line that goes from the driver's side wheel well to the passenger side wheel well. I'll probably replace those in the near future--or forget about them/procrastinate until another house cow in a minivan pulls out in front of me and I find the next weak spot....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The 95ish truck I last dealt with, I swear the driver's side flex hose had an extra port on the frame-end to feed across to the passenger side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 95ish truck I last dealt with, I swear the driver's side flex hose had an extra port on the frame-end to feed across to the passenger side.
no idea on a 95. This is a 2000. There are three unions in the driver’s side wheel well on the 2000. One that goes to the rear, one to the passenger side extension, and one for the line going to the driver’s side caliper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts