Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ontario Chapter President
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys and gal's. I have to let ya's all know that I've sold my truck. :(

I'll be delivering it to my little brother in Calgary the Monday or Tuesday after Fathers Day weekend, depending on when I leave here.
The wife and I have had some problems here and some unfortunate issues have happened at home here in the past few months that pretty much says I have to look forward to buying a brand new 2010 model when there ready. I've already got her approval for what she refers to as a brand new "quiet one" :lol3:
Things here at home seem to slowly be working themselves out for those of you with whom I've shared some already. Life is getting better for everyone involved and thats a GOOD THING :thumbsup

I'll still be driving an oil burner as I've still got the Jeep Liberty CRD here and its a lease, I've been driving the Jeep as much as I possibly can with fuel prices the way they are but I cant turn it in till next August! I just cant afford to pay almost $1500 a month for 2 vehicles and insurance the way things are right now I'm definitely going to miss all that racket I've grown to love as it was my Dad's truck and holds alot of sentimental value to me BUT the fact is my brother NEEDS a truck to haul his new 28' travel trailer in as he calls them "hills out west" and his 01 Ram with the 318 is giving up fast he says. I'd much rather keep it in the family then let somebody just beat on it or me not know where it's going or how it's going to be treated.

Billy knows the truck and how its been maintained and he will hopefully join Cummins Forum and be a part of our family as well.

I'll be posting up my trip plans as I know for sure what I plan on doing and the route I'll be taking, Maybe a couple quick stops to say "HI" to a couple guys along the way might be in order but we will see, its a long haul to make in 2 - 2 1/2 days!!

Maybe a get together in Alberta, say HI and welcome Billy to the Cummins Forum family would be in order, I know he and the wife have plans to attend a rodeo the weekend of the 20 - 22nd and I may stay for a few extra days, get a taste of the west as he calls it then fly home on Tuesday the 24th.

When I'll know more about what direction I'll be heading out I'll post back up.

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
WOW Dan....sorry to hear that....hope it all works out for you :thumbsup

·
Ontario Chapter VP
905 Posts
Good luck to ya buddy.... don't you go leaving us now. :CRY:

·
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I aint goin anywhere BUT in the Jeep for a while. I'll be around, you're not getting off that easy. :T:

And just to let ya guys in on the latest decision thats been made, with financial issues etc.... ongoing here I pretty much have to cancel out on IRP in 2 or 3 weeks as well. :CRY:

Good news, there IS gonna be a room open in INDY for somebody tomorrow once I cancel my reservation.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Wow, that really sucks Dan. Good luck!

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
that is a bummer Dan but with the bad comes the good! stick in there bud!!

·
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were lookin at a whole whack of good coming our way and thanks for note Ian, :thumbsup
Sorry to hear about the "Green Machine" going down for the count :thud:
You guys have a hoot at Indy and think of me going next year.....or the year after even...:w: maybe with a "brand new 2009 or 2010"

·
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I DID cancel my reservation at the Super 8 yesterday if anybodys looking to get one.... I hope its still available!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
life has a way of punching ya in the mouth sometimes, however if you look at the bright side ya dont have to brush them teeth anymore....I wish you and yours the best in these times....I'll prescribe a 50 shot of nitrous intake fogger for your pain and since a lease let's say mabye a homebrew propane system to get those chest pains to stay away!

Pm me for a modest donation to your prescription TeenWolf

·
Registered
566 Posts
sorry to hear, but good luck!! :beer at least u'll still smell diesel fumes in the morning :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts