Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with dead peddal in 3rd gear after starting and now sometimes the truck wont turn off? I am thinking mabe the APPS? Help please

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Had it long? Could be a cool down timer.
If not that you might be looking at an ECM.
Have you checked for codes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is weird because it just started doing it like almost every time yesterday. I have had the truck for almost 2 months now. I can turn the key all the way off and turn it back on and repeat and nothing happens but if i tap the gas with the key off it shuts off. I also get dead pedal in 3rd gear the first time after starting. I am very nervous as i dont have any money right now to fix anything so i might be parking my truck for awhile.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if it is the ECM how much $$$ am i looking at for a new or used one?

·
Gyropilot
341 Posts
Have you tried removing your Edge Juice to make sure that isn't somehow involved?

You still haven't said if you've put a code scanner on it and checked for stored trouble codes.

Regards,

John L.

Reactions: NathanCumns

·
Not enough $$$
281 Posts
I had some exact issues with my Edge JWA on my 01. Mine wouldn't shut off even with tapping pedals and what not. Had to send edge off to get worked on. Yours sounds like the turbo timer is on since you can shut it off with pedal tap. Check setting on the Edge.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If it shuts off when you tap the skinny pedal then sounds to me like the turbo timer has been set up. Some trucks you have to tap the skinny pedal, like my truck, and then on my buddies 02 you have to tap the brake pedal to get it to shut off.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys i called edge and got everything figured out. Much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.