Cummins Diesel Forum banner

truck wont start no power to dash/ignition

92K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  bengold1 
Same here, problem started out of the blue.

Only sometimes get dash lights (1 out of 10-20 times?) and won't crank at all. Disconnected both batteries and held together the passenger side leads for about 20-30 seconds. Reconnected batteries and tried starting. Sounded like the starter went to engage for about a half second then nothing and back to square one.
I am having the same issue starting today. It was cranking over and the batteries were weak so I charged them and went to start it and it cranked real fast the just stopped and now no power to the dash cluster and it doesn't start. Any ideas?

I am having the same issue starting today. It was cranking over and the batteries were weak so I charged them and went to start it and it cranked real fast the just stopped and now no power to the dash cluster and it doesn't start. Any ideas?
Corroded or dirty loose cables?
No I used a wire brush on them and cleaned them up when I charged the batteries. I did however put a new battery in and the process. I changed the signal and wiper switch today as well and after I changed it, I got all the dash lights working again. I went to start it and it tried to crank but just went back to square one. I decided to take the new battery out and now the truck starts and the dash lights work again. Strange

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.