Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 cummins (original owner), no modifications, 230,000 miles. About a year ago I started having first start of the day problems. I had to plug in the block heater anytime the temperature outside was 50 degrees or less. I live in California and came here from Wyoming so having to plug in that block heater seemed very unusual. After about a half hour plugged in the truck would start. And then for the rest of the day the truck would start fine without plugging it in. Two days ago the truck was hard starting even in the middle of the day with the temperature outside at about 80 degrees. After the first start the truck was fine the rest of the afternoon and evening. Yesterday I went out and it won't start at all even when I plug in the block heater. I am wondering if this is probably injectors and the temperature is just a coincidence. Or do I have more than one problem? Can I test the injectors somehow? Thanks

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
flow test or check to see what rail pressure is during cranking. The best way is to have them bench tested. if those are the original miles on the injectors then they have ran their course and probably are wore out and tired. Getting new ones would save down time and extra cost of testing when they are 99 % bad any way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts