Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i run my Edge juice on level 5 and my MP8 %100 the truck surges when driving down the highway. I do have the releif shimmed, should I cap it? There are no codes either. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't have an edge but I've seen people post about your complaint as a defueling issue. Crank up your setting and it should go away if I've read it right. hth

·
H&S Groupie
82 Posts
Don't plug the rail when stacking. The plug is only designed to work with only the pressure box.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE=cncmoore;1453594]I don't have an edge but I've seen people post about your complaint as a defueling issue. Crank up your setting and it should go away if I've read it right. hth[/QUOTE]

I dont think its defueling. Its not a constant power loss.

Don't plug the rail when stacking. The plug is only designed to work with only the pressure box.
Thats good to know i wont do that then

·
Registered
616 Posts
Check the defueling options and safety setting on the edge. Do you have a manual or auto trans...if it is set up for defueling for TC slippage you will notice a powerloss...same goes with boost limit, and EFT's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes my truck surges on the freeway when I'm using cruise control. When I turn the mp-8 down it goes away. I don't know why it only does it sometimes though.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i know what you mean with the surge i had the edge and nothing seeemd to hit in power wise with the edge till 2k rpm and sometimes under a light throttle it would just boost out like hell then quit... Every once in awhile i got it but i tell ya what this xrt is a very smooth power curve!!! I dont think it can be beat!!!!!

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
if you have both cranked, chances are you are running out of fuel with the stock lift pump. i was surging like crazy once i put the MP8 on top of the edge, installed the FASS and no more troubles.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I find it odd that all of our trucks can be so different! With my edge on 6 and mp8 on 100%, I do not have any surging unless I let off the throttle real fast and it seems as though the truck want to keep going, and it doesn't seem to run out of fuel though I do not doubt that I need a fass or some other aftermarket pump to avoid killing mine!

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
sorry i should have been more clear, i was only surging when at WOT, she never bucked at highway speeds. surging at 70mph cruzing could be a number of things, check fuel filter first, and remember that your stock lift pump is only running at 12psi, and will drop at WOT to 6-7, or with stacking. when i installed the fass, it stays at 15psi no matter what i do, maybe drops to 13 for a second.
:S:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts