Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 04.5 diesel. I just replace the injectors then I tried to start the truck, it started right away but it died after ten seconds. The truck ran smooth, with out any smoke, and it died just like when you turn the key off. I tried to start the truck 7 or 8 times, and it started for 10 seconds then died.

I tried reading the codes with a couple different readers, but it gives me a connexion error. One thing that I nothise is that when the truck shuts off the gauges die. But the CEL stays off, I check fuel supply and it's good. I think it may be an electical problem. But what could cause this.

Any ideas will be really helpfull.
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Start with the simple items like the batteries and their terminals. Did you disconnect anything when you had it apart?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already check the basics and its all good. I have an edge juice with attitude. But have been disconnected for a while. I connected the edge and tryed starting the truck but it doesnt start at all.

I removed the programmer and it starts, but just like before. I been reading other posts, and thinking that it could be the TIPM (fuse box).

I have check for a bad ground, but have found nothing. Could there be a sensor that can couse this problem.

Any sugestions would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
How did you install them? Did you use the install thread from the tec section? Use a torque wrench on the connector tubes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was finally able to get some codes, using a dealership computer, before power cut off and the computer loss the connection signal. After a couple of tries the same thing hapen. I think there are other codes, but power cuts off before you can get them.

p0069- map-barometric press correlation
p0073- ambiet temp sens hi
p0107- map sens voltage too low
p0541- intake air relay 1 low
p0868- trans fluid press low
p2507- ecm/pcm power input signal low

I also notice that when the truck runs, the battery gauge doesnt move.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Sounds like a cell or two in one of the batteries is dead. Get them load tested to see what state they're in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got it fix. After testing the batteries, which were fine I started checking the wire harness. I finally got to a wire that was grounded, and it wasnt suppose to be that way.

It was the wire going to the vacum pump. I disconected the pump and tryed checking the codes, this time the gauged didnt die. And I was able to get some codes. I tried starting the engine which fire right away and keep running with out dieing.

I check the vacum pump and it had gone bad. But at the same time it was causing a ground. Which made the computer shut off in order to protec itself. This is the first time I have this problem, and it caused me a lot of headhecks.

Thanks for all the help
:party018:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts