Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is a 2012 3500 Diesel(of course),totally stock(running gear wise),4500 miles.Truck was parked outside,put cell phone and keys on front seat,I live out in the country.Couple hours later noticed the truck was running,locked.Had to get my spare set to get in it and by that time it timed out and shut off,doors still locked.
The temp that day was the warmest so far this year,hit about 85 or so.Anyone have issues like this with the remote start?Really don't need the remote start,so can I just disable it? Planning on calling the dealer about this.Thanks..

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
The last one I heard of was caused by a errant vacuum cleaner. Generated a signal to start. In your case, I suspect the fob laying on seat got hot enough to malfunction. Keep keys in pocket when not operating.

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
Who had the spare. Someone might have accidentally hit the button. Just a guess

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well,yes it does have leather and the spare key fob was locked in the safe.Can a person just disable the remote start? Not in that cold of a climate during the winter and really don't foresee using it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
And I thought my post was off topic!
Its been said on here before, unplugging egr will not allow remote start. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2011 3500 LARAMIE LONGHORN CCLB 4X4 STOCK 6.7L with B&W Hitch, 2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi
71 Posts
Remote start

Its been said on here before, unplugging egr will not allow remote start. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I have read the same thing about the remote start on these forums. I have the remote start and the EGR unplugged. My rig will still start when I press the remote button. In fact everything still works like normal except I have the check engine light on. I am going to run it like this for a few weeks and see ehat happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts