·
Premium Member
20,118 Posts
Another thing is the tank vented?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will have to double check that...I think so but maybe it’s plugged or something

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just a thought, my truck is practically stock. I had a full line actually crush itself. Then after it restarted, the line would open up then days down the road it would collapse again. Sometimes at different times

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like an injector is sticking and your running on 5 cylinders. Pull your injectors, get them flow tested or check the holes and be sure they are not plugged with junk

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Sounds like an injector is sticking and your running on 5 cylinders. Pull your injectors, get them flow tested or check the holes and be sure they are not plugged with junk
I'm assuming you meant you're and no it doesn't. Did you read post #1? One bad injector won't make an engine die. And if they were "plugged with junk" they would all misbehave all the time, not randomly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm assuming you meant you're and no it doesn't. Did you read post #1? One bad injector won't make an engine die. And if they were "plugged with junk" they would all misbehave all the time, not randomly.
Games, maybe two/three injectors are dirty which can cause the engine to die. I'm sure he understands my point.

Smh, you're* annoying. Did you know it's rude to correct others on how to use or pronounce certain words? Did your parents tell u people who use their advanced knowledge to embarrass or humiliate others are the absolute worst?

I'm sure you're* a retired, heavy set, obese male who can recite the dictionary definition from memory. Smh, go do something and leave the keyboard alone for one day. You must be miserable.

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Games, maybe two/three injectors are dirty which can cause the engine to die. I'm sure he understands my point.

Smh, you're* annoying. Did you know it's rude to correct others on how to use or pronounce certain words? Did your parents tell u people who use their advanced knowledge to embarrass or humiliate others are the absolute worst?

I'm sure you're* a retired, heavy set, obese male who can recite the dictionary definition from memory. Smh, go do something and leave the keyboard alone for one day. You must be miserable.
It is GAmes, first initial last name. If two or three injectors are dirty enough to cause an engine to die it will not restart, and it will not be sporadic. Your thought process is faulty. It wasn't even a good guess.

The misuse of your and you're causes confusion. You should thank me for taking the time to try to make you a little smarter.

Am am a retired 71 year old helicopter pilot, not obese, not heavy set who paid attention while in school. How that could possibly make a difference is a mystery.

·
Registered
14 Posts

It is GAmes, first initial last name. If two or three injectors are dirty enough to cause an engine to die it will not restart, and it will not be sporadic. Your thought process is faulty. It wasn't even a good guess.

Your misuse of your and you're causes confusion. You should thank me for taking the time to try to make you a little smarter.

Am am a retired 71 year old helicopter pilot, not obese, not heavy set who paid attention while in school. How that could possibly make a difference is a mystery.

lol. I love it. Stay huff Gpa GAmes

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I appreciate all the suggestions, i got new fuel rated rubber fuel lines. I could see dirty injectors causing it to run a little rough and smoke blue ish till it warms up. Even if when I start it on a warm day if I drive off immediately it runs rough and sputters and farts a lot. I would like to solve that.
Because it’s so random when it cuts out the way it does I’m thinking my relay is acting up or bad connection.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Is this a non-reman 160/175HP pump?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don’t know if it’s original or not, I would think so it’s got 430,000 plumbers on it. It’s out of a 97 automatic so a 180 pump if I’m correct.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don’t know if it’s original or not, I would think so it’s got 430,000 plumbers on it. It’s out of a 97 automatic so a 180 pump if I’m correct.
180 pump would be correct. I'm assuming you mean 430,000 miles?

You say it's random? It runs poorly one minute then it clears up? Does it do it cold? After sitting awhile?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Wow my typing/proofreading needs work lol sorry. 430000 kilometres.
The truck has only randomly died like 10 times in the two years I’ve been driving it. It always takes a bit of cranking if I don’t touch the throttle. It’s worse if it’s cold but still seems a bit excessive. I don’t think it’s really missing but seems to run just a little rough. Blue eye biting haze on start up when motor not up to operating temp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I second the “what’s your idle rpm?”, higher idle helps starting without throttle, cold idle haze, and stumbling while cold, and stalling after a throttle blip in gear when cold. If you have done so already bleed the injectors. If you haven’t pulled your injectors they could be carbonned up. I pulled mine at 415,000 km’s and they pop tested fine but I had to clean the nozzle tips.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sorry for the delayed response, I’ve been busy with work and such, me and my partner look after 1500 cows in the summer and they starting rolling in this week. Anywho.
I don’t have a tach, I have first gen style tach that I want to hook up but life keeps getting in the way, but I don’t think it’s low, I’d guess around 800.

Since I live on the ranch where I work I don’t “need” to use my truck all the time, last couple weeks I’ve maybe put 1.5 tanks through it, all back roads etc. Its been fine till today, it shut off again. Got out checked the fss and it’s still up, fuel pressure is 28-30. Started up but have to give it half throttle to keep running. Sounds like it’s missing, I floor it for a bit, has a hard time free reving, let go of the throttle and the rpms hang for a second then they come down and it dyes. I left the key alone in the on position and checked the fss, still up. Get it and it fires up and runs good again. I’m lost, wife doesn’t trust my truck anymore lol

Will dirty injectors cause something like this? Can I clean them or better to send them in? Sorry for the long post, trying to be thorough.

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
If your injectors were the cause it would run, or not run, the same all the time. I just went back through the entire thread and I can't find if this only happens when you come to a stop or while driving a steady speed. If it is only when you decelerate to come to a stop I believe your idle is set too low.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Coming to a stop or decelerating doesn't seem to trigger it, yesterday it was after I pulled out onto the road and was starting to gain speed. I will hopefully have time to hook up my tach today.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think I know what it is. I have seen this before.

Sounds like you may have a sticking plunger or two in your injection pump.

Try loosening all 12 bolts holding your plunger housing in place and retorque them. It may be beneficial to rack them as well.

If one bolt is tighter than the other it will cause symptoms like this.

My only other suggestion is clogged and weak injectors or your lift pump. Those have probably been said previously though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I appreciate all the suggestions, i got new fuel rated rubber fuel lines.
Did you also replace the hose between the prefilter and pump? If not, check it for cracks and moisture and replace if at all suspect.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts