Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i have only been to 1 of these events,,just curious,,what is the weight for stock class..and what do they considered stock??..with what i have in my sig,,which isnt impressive mods..what class would i be and weight??..again this is just curiousity

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all the guys that pull ,,no input

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
usually weight limit is 8000 for most all classes till you get to supermod then the weight is lower. Stock is usually just stock turbo, and around here are work stock is just thought stock turbo only, you can pretty much have any mods you want as long as the turbo is stock, except no dual cp3s,nitrous, or water/meth. Most stock classes make you have 1" suspension travel also, if you use bump stops.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8,000 doesnt seem that heavy or am i missin something here

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
8,000 doesnt seem that heavy or am i missin something here
my mega cab i have to pull the spare tire and tailgate to make weight to pull, my 96 2.8 puller, I hang 1800 pounds off the front of it. But usually all classes are 8000.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is sled weight??..8,000

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
this is sled weight??..8,000
sled weight is usually the same for all classes they just change the gearing in the sled to have the weight box move quicker as they move up classes, most sleds with the weight box all the way forward are around 40k pounds. I thought you was meaning truck weight.

Reactions: Its a Diesel Punk!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe i shouldve been more clear on my ques..sorry guys...yeah 40k makes more sense,,and a full pull is 300ft

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so how much does the sled weigh when u 1st start to pull

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
footage in a sled pull is very different from racing and dynoing when you are comparing footage with others because you cant, but normally a full pull is 300', but it all depends on the track, I have have pulled on 200' tracks and I have pulled on 450'+ tracks. They try to gear the sled so every class ends ups with maybe one truck going 300', but comparing footage you can only compare to your class that day, alot of newbies think that if they pull 280' and a truck at another pull only went 260' that they out pulled them by 20', or that the next class up they out pulled guys. And I am not sure what they weigh to start out but probably 20k-25k, if not more.

Reactions: Its a Diesel Punk!!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts