Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone on here done any truck pulls with there 6.7l manual? what gear have you had the best luck with it? low or second gear?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I did, 3rd gear in 4 lo. Give it throttle and slowly release it. Once it starts to grab let the clutch all the way out. I had to feather the throttle a little with the stock clutch because it would hold all the power. Had that nice fresh warm clutch smell in my truck for 3 days. BOY WAS THAT FUN!!!! 2nd gear will probably save your clutch but not get you very far down the track.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wonder how the 6speed auto would do. I'm bone stock but just wanted to run it once for fun. :) Have you heard anything Cowboy? I know I wouldn't do well at all with the stocker BFG AT tires on there.

Mike

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
At the pulls i was at there was a stock 6.7 i think with the auto, he did fine. By no means did he win but he didnt break anything which is almost as good as a win. The autos seem to be a little stronger then the clutches in the manuals.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If the weather holds out, I should be able to report back on monday. We have a pull in a local area this weekend. I am running the 6 speed with an edge and intake. Cooper Stt's and no weights.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Gun. I just have the stocker BFG tires, I bet those Coopers should hook up pretty good, they look to have an agressive tread.

Mike

·
Registered
634 Posts
You should get some good wheel speed with those stock tires. :peelout

·
Registered
523 Posts
I hope all goes well. I am going to give it a shot. Guess I better turn the defuel off, and the warnings off.:thud:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good luck! Be sure and take some pics too! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts