Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, new on here. Soo, my buddy and I installed a 33% over injection pump, 90hp bd injectors and a 165 FASS liftpump on my 07 5.9. Also put the fuel rail plug on as well. We installed it all because the shop here wanted my arms and legs to install it. I do understand why. So after installing the injection pump truck fired up fine ran good, wrapped up for the night. Then we got to doin the injectors and liftpump. Unhooked batteries got too work. Now the truck only cranks but doesn’t start. Liftpump doesn’t turn on at all checked the fuses and relays and everything is routed and connected the way it’s supposed to I’m pretty fried trying to figure it out. Anyone have an idea that I’m maybe missing? Hoping it’s not the ecm

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Are you positive it's wired correctly? We've seen a few people absolutely butcher the wiring somehow so worth making sure.

Fass needs power/ground off battery, fass harness should plug into the original pump and then into the plug off the trucks harness and then of course into the fass.

So need to have the fuse installed on the fass harness at the battery, working fuse for the original pump in the fuse box.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why did you install a fuel rail plug?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don’t have a scanner to pull codes. The instructions said to splice the wires and connect them to the battery. My buddy connected it, now I’m thinking that it might be a ground wire . I started from square one checked the plugs to make sure everything is in the right spot, did it while the batteries are disconnected . Heard that fuel rail plug is good for holding high pressure to these injectors since there’s no relief valve. Haven’t tried to jump the pump directly

·
Registered
635 Posts
No the fuel rail plug wouldn’t keep it from starting. It just aids you in making more power with higher pressures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on that’s what I read but at this point I’m just rule out anything. So I have the bulkhead and draw straw setup it’s the separate kit you can get. I didn’t drill anything where the stock pump is on the sending unit. Do you think that could be the reason why?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
You should remove the fuel rail plug and put the PRV back in. It's a like a fail safe to prevent damage when RP spikes. Plus i doubt you're gaining anything from it anyways.

Reactions: RollOver_Pete

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You don't splice wires anywhere, you just wire them directly to the drivers battery and then a ground on the truck. There is one right by the battery on the body that I used. Could definitely be a bad ground.

I second ditching the plug, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn’t find a ground wire. There’s two wires that go to the battery and that’s all I could find unless I’m blind lol

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
One should be a ground and the other a positive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whelp I think there’s the culprit lol both wires are on the battery. I’ll use the ground that’s next to the battery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a pretty long weekend we were trying to get it done in a weekend because we’re driving down to New Mexico in a few months

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
the wire with the fuse goes on the positive terminal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts