Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 03 has 210,000 miles:peelout now and i began to get wander and play in the steering. i had the ball joints replaced:$:, truck lined up:$:, adjusted the steering box, and replaced the track bar end bushings(from lukes links).the truck is still nervous:CRY:, it wants to follow the pattern in the road. what do i look for? everything seems tight. do i just need more caster? when driveing ,the body seems to roll with the curve more than the suspension. i want my good handeling truck back:lol3:. ideas.:thumbsup

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would like to know also, same truck pretty much and i have that same feeling. its kinda scary. it fels realy loose and not sure what it is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the shocks may be worn but why would they cause a spongey feeling in the steering?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i drove today loaded (about 3500lb in bed) and it seems worse:CRY:. steering is spongey. it feels like the tie rods are strecthing and shrinking:lol3:. when crossing pot holes and rough roads at speed:peelout it really has a mind of its own:T:. sometimes it seems like it may be in the rear. any ideas.i dont know what to look for:$:.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have about 5k on new four inch lift. so the shocks are new. but i didnt replace the dampner in it yet so i will try that and see if it helps and ill let you know buzzinhalfdoz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts