Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was goin down the road and a duramax was blowin smoke in my face so i blue by him at full speed pedal to the floor it was great but..... i got on the interstate later and i was crusin at 60 mph and let off the throttle for a car braking and my truck didnt slow down or decellerate so i poped it in neutral (its a 5 speed manual) and pumped the gas pedal and it motored down and was fine so i put it in gear and take off but later i needed to pass someone and put the pedal down and nothin it wouldnt accelerate so i pumped the pedal and it kicked in. it did this several times and when i was getting off the interstate headed for home it just shut off. it took several cranks to start it up but i limped it home and now it wont start at all turns over god but nothin. any ideas? ive been told fuel filter air filter fuel pump head gaskets and all sorts of stuff trying to trouble shoot before i take it to the garage.

thanks

Josh

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Start with the fuel filter, it will be the cheapest.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It could be several things. Email me at [email protected] for the current version of my 12 valve fuel supply system write up, how it works and how to fix it.

Pumping the pedal on a diesel is just exercising your foot. There is no accelerator pump like in a carb. Just hold the pedal down will do the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.