Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just picked up a truck that I bought 6 months ago (I was overseas). So the truck has sat for the last 6 months (probably with dead batteries)

Symptoms:
1. Intermediately (1 out of 15 times) When the truck starts to move It will loose all power, kind of like the engine died, then she will take off with TONS of power.

2. has good power from idle to about 2000 RPM, then very little power at all, kind of like she has no boost.

3. Codes P0483, P2509

I am going to take her in to the stealership and see if TSB 18-00107 is applicable and have them re-flash the CPU.

Now my question, Will the above codes cause the motor to go into "limp mode" above 2000 RPM or should I be looking at other issues (MAP sensor, Fuel delivery ect ect)

Thanks all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the described wire but, She starts and runs great until I get to around 2500 then she does not build power.

I should also note that I was on a 14 hour trip when I discovered this. Don't know if maybe the long drive at highway speeds has anything to do with it, i would not think so.

Also she does not do it all the time. I got in today and she was running great. So I don't know.

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same thing happened to my truck after sitting. Waste gate got stuck shut and would overboost and then defuel at higher rpms. Pull the e clip off the shaft and see if it moves. If it does not soak it with some penetrant a few times and break it loose with a plyers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts