Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my truck is in the body shop. Wait till you see the pics. On my way to work on the back road they were repaving, I followed behind the steam roller for a while and there were no flag people. They were paving my side of the road. The steam roller guy flagged me to go around them. Well to go around was about 200' of a blind turn uphill. So I was going about 10 mph and sure enough a red honda fit came across the turn. I banked right and hit fresh tar, honda went for the ditch. We missed each other by inches. So we drove away. I took a glance in my mirror not thinking anything of it.

Got to work and the whole side of my truck is covered in road tar. I immediately said I had to go and called the town. Told the lady from town clerk my trouble and she transferred me to the highway superintendent. No answer so I left a voicemail. I have tried calling a few times. I went to the dodge body shop near home but the guy couldnt help me out because he was busy today. And this stuff has to come off before it dries. So I went over to the RV collision center that deals with everything. They said they will get it in right away.

What should I do. I obviously have to front this bill myself because it needs to come off right now. But who will pay the bill after the fact? There were no flag people and I almost got into a head on collision. Man am I shaken up!

·
Registered
129 Posts
It happened to me once, called a shop, they told me to use some gasoline, sure enough it took it right off.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Father-in-law had something similar happen with freshly painted road stripes. No warning signs between where he got on to the road and his house. The state contractor doing the painting was on the hook for the bill and eventually paid.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
3m tar and adhesive remover:thumbsup:

comes in a spray can. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET IT ON ANY BLACK PLASTIC, it turns it ashen white and will NOT come off. don't ask how I know:shock:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
sorry to hear that.

Not to be a d!ck, but why would you trust anyone to tell you its safe to pass, much less on a "blind curve" as you called it. If there wasnt any flag people, Id have driven a long time until I had clear view of any oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
286 Posts
WD40 will also work but not sure if it is good for the paint

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
3m tar and adhesive remover:thumbsup:

comes in a spray can. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET IT ON ANY BLACK PLASTIC, it turns it ashen white and will NOT come off. don't ask how I know:shock:
Ouch!!

GL to the OP.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No place to clear. I waited about 10 mins before He waved me. The trucks were stopped around the turn dumping something into the cat machine. I'm guessing tar. The previous road had flag people. So i figured they must have radios. But they got it all out at the body shop. $300.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plus they washed my truck. Waxed it. And buffed it. Looks like I just bought it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Washed, waxed, and buffed.

Reactions: dozer12216

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea. I'm happy they didn't have to repaint the truck. Lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ofcourse your truck is white! :hehe:

Bad county contractor! :spank:

Good to hear it cleaned up nice!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hate when they paint lines or are doing asphalt work around me I cringe when im on my motorcycle and hear that asphalt kicking up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
I can only imagine on a bike how bad it is.

Ofcourse your truck is white! :hehe:

Bad county contractor! :spank:

Good to hear it cleaned up nice!
Lol yeah. I lucked out. I am just glad I got it to the body shop while it was still guey. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.