Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this 2001 six speed is on my last nerve! The problem is it revs up and down on its own, sometimes slow and other times fast to redline. So far we have replaced the APPS and the ECM with no luck. It dosent throw any codes when it dose this, the truck is not drivable because of this problem. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has run into this problem. One other thing is the coolant temp gauge pegs high when it dose it. Any thoughts???? thanks.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
any mods done to the truck?

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Kind of sounds like a wiring issue given what has already been done. Can you get to a Cummins repair center? I'd bet they could see exactly what is flaking out with the Insight software.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you checked for fuel pressure-lift pump problems or your fuel filter?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of sounds like a wiring issue given what has already been done. Can you get to a Cummins repair center? I'd bet they could see exactly what is flaking out with the Insight software.
They looked at it and told me it needed a ecm. I think i can borrow a scanner and check it myself maybe.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
I would be monitoring the apps voltage and see if there a wild short feeding the apps sensor with a ground or voltage...

Or like Dad said I would head for a Cummins Repair center...:thud:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts