Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to make the truck honk when backing with the door open? Is there any way to disable it. That has got to go down as the biggest bonehead safety feature ever.

·
Registered
736 Posts
hahahahaha that is too funny

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree the first time that happened to me I thought the truck was messed up...then I checked it out here..

·
Registered
97 Posts
nice... that wont get annoying

·
Registered
182 Posts
I took my truck into landers to get the recall done. they just said that it had to do with the gear shifter no being in park. little did those squirts tell me that the horn would blow and wake all the neighbors when i'm hooking up the boat. I went back and they said is non reversible... which blows. I hate it too!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was backing up to a fire hydrant in front of a playground full of Soccer moms and kids and my truck horn was blaring. I had no freaking idea what was going on. I would hear it and stop and it would stop... every time I moved it honked... Somebody at Dodge needs to be beaten for this feature.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just ride the brake a tad.
Its no big deal and may save someone not as smart as you guys life.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
i lucked out i had to go to dealership for warranty work and the jerks were going to do the TSB park flash, they forgot to do it and signed it off.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Duck. I knew someone here had to have the solution.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You could also buckle the seat belt to stop it from blowing

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You don't have to have the seat belt around you, it just has to be buckled to stop the horn.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
You don't have to have the seat belt around you, it just has to be buckled to stop the horn.
but still why buckle the seat belt up if you are hopping right back out, i could see why they did it but that's just cuz they are stupid and can't win a court case i.e. "person ran over while backing truck up"

·
Registered
65 Posts
its to do with the truck not being in either park or neutral before you can get out. its mostly an idiot proofing, hey bud your rig is rolling away.....:lol3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
parked infront of a bakery where i live and ran in to pick up a snack, while ordering the power went off messed up all the computers. I happened to have exact change so i payed and left. went outside to find my truck was missing, after all my worst thoughts played out I looked across the road approx 1/4 mile to find that my truck had jumpped into reverse and ran across 2 parking lots up and over a bussy intersection and finally come to rest smashed into a telephone pole( power ottage).
If it had not been for that pole truck would have gone into the river 30ft below. No accidents no injuries and no wittnesses, I would have not believed it if it was not for the video tape from the store next to the bakery. did not set the parking brake, which i usually do just got in a hurry for some reason. Needless to say chrysler did noting about the damage, other than install this honking and flashing "fix" if that is what you want to call it. as annoying as it is, it would have saved me that day........

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I've gotten the recall notice 6 times now to have the computer flashed on my 04. Each time the recall notice goes in the shredder.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've gotten the recall notice 6 times now to have the computer flashed on my 04. Each time the recall notice goes in the shredder.
Is it only to install the hell honking mod?

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you don't have the reverse honk recall done on your truck you are a lucky one! I bought my truck used and it was already done by the previous owner. I am going to try out the wiring mod to try and ditch the freakin' thing.

Wood

1 - 20 of 47 Posts