Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a few days ago i had a case of dead pedal of about 10 seconds. and since then my truck will just "tick" every now and then when i try to crank up.

its done it before but i would wiggle the key and it would fire right up. Not now it wont.

It threw the 2016 code but it weird because when ever it wont start, the last few time i would bang the starter with my mag light and the truck would fire right up, so i feel like its an electrical issue with ingnition, but why would i have an injection pump malfuntion code?

Im lost, any help would be very appreciated.

we used to band the starter on an old tractor and it always worked. so am i just getting lucky everytime or is my starter going bad?

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
The contacts are probablly worn out. Get set of contacts from one of our vendors or most any automotive electrical shop. It is a easy fix. Many times the resistance in contacts will cause a no start even though it seems to be cranking fine. This is a well documented issue for age of unit.
Get the starter fixed and see how the VP44 issue works out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 99 dodge will start up but wont stay running it will start then run real bad for a second then turn its self off . what would make it do that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts