Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08, 6.7 manual, 4x4. I have EGR unplugged, straight pipe with the bungs in pipe only using a pressure Sim and exhaust sims. MP-8 on high with fuel shim kit installed. I recently checked and cleared my codes. I noticed that one said "misfire"(not sure what code number but looked them up and can't find a misfire code from what numbers i have) didn't think much of it and drove on. Around a week late I was sitting in a stop light a did notice that the truck missed a beat and did seem to misfire. Can anyone please help with any ideas. Here is a list of codes i had at time.

P2080 (Exhaust)
P2084 (Exhaust)
P242B (Exhaust)
P2453 (DPF)
P1451 (DPF)
P0405 (EGR)
P0087 (FUEL RAIL)
P1011 (FUEL PUMP)

I probably do need to change my fuel filter, have it on order. Been around 13,000 Miles. Thanks for your help guys.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Back when I was running a similar conventional EGR/DPF deltete setup...
I would manually read/clear codes every week or so. That kept the little gremlins from biting me. Clear codes then clear them again. Drive the truck and see what comes back. Look over that list to see if anything is real. Those Fuel ones sound like they might be related to the MP-8. The P0405 should be the only one that stays.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The exhaust codes should come back in a few days though correct? Just the EGR will be back first time of starting truck after clearing correct? Having ran close to the same setup. A few weeks ago I also had the cat 80% full come on and told me in was in regeneration mode...didn't seem right to be because of running the sims.(I was in stop and go city stop lights and just got on the road) so i pulled over and cleared codes...nothing yet. This is the first time I have ever seen any DPF related readings on the overhead. (23,000 Miles) all modes were done around 6K miles ago.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
As H&S has noted in several threads, there appears to be a regen timer in the ECM. It just decides it will regen even with the sims fooling it. If you get that again, I suggest driving it on the freeway for 5-10 miles to let it run thru the regen cycle. It doesn't seem to take as long as a real regen does.
You may want to consider something like the Smarty Jr to go code-free deletes.

· Registered
274 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure the brand of sims I am currently running, they came with the 4" exhaust that I bought(both pressure and exhaust sims). i do have a new set from RSD also that i have not used. Both sets I have are from a company and not home made.

· Registered
444 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.