Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its gonna get built. its gonna get injectors, turbo, valve springs and airdog. ive already turned the engine over by hand (thanks amsoil :) ) im gonna drop the fuel tank and put a sump in from hellmannperformance, for the airdog. i pulled the thermostat, and the coolant in the head was still bright green! just wondering if there might be something in the radiator i should look for... gonna change all the fulids in the diffs, and brake fluid... any info would help guys. -jake

·
Registered
376 Posts
i think your on the right path. check breaks and lines, oil change prob wouldnt hurt and fresh fuel depending on how full it is. in that much time im sure it got some condensation...water, in the fuel. sounds like its gonna be a fun project!

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Get er running and check things out before you start hanging stuff on it.
Cooling system sounds fine. Check for cloged external fins on radiator from the dippy crankcase breather.
If fluids look good would delay till get projects going.
Who knows you may have a puked tranny and fubarred differential to add to misery after the fact.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pulling the intercooler and checking the radiator would be smart! getting some parts powdercoated :) and in the process of making 3" intake horns for the 24v....

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Change the engine oil. Put some lube in the fuel & see if it will run. Startron is good if you have stuff growing in the fuel. Decide what else once it is running. I'd probably change all the fluids but not before knowing that everything works. Put one end of the volt meter in the radiator coolant & ground the other to see if electrolisis will eat your heater core.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While you have the injectors out dump a little fuel in each cylinder then bump it over to get out anything that may have been sitting there for 2 years, you can use wd40 to it will dissipate any water that could be in there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts