Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I just started running biodiesel in my 95 12 valve. Everything was fine then all the sudden it feels like my truck stops getting fuel. Its done it a few times now and its getting irritating. I just put a new fuel filter on 3 days ago and was gone for 2 days. I tried putting in a bit of #2 but it hasnt helped at all.

Also I ran regular #2 before the bio and it was fine, I also tested the bio every which way and it passed every test I could throw at it.

any ideas?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm not very familiar with early 2nd gens but I would check you fuel filter again. I would also pull for code if that's possible. It might not be fuel related. You can check for fuel flow to injectors by cracking a few open. Just some thoughts.

Eugene

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put a new fuel filter on about 50 miles ago, its a 12 valve in a ford so there are no codes that can be checked. I was planning on checking the lines but a buddies ford is doing the same thing with the same fuel. He hasnt changed his filter though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out?

Eugene

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually no, my truck was a gasser at one point in time so it has an inline fuel filter and of course the cummins has the fuel filter/water seperator mounted on the engine.

Last night I changed the fuel filter on the motor and It ran fine for a few miles then started doing it again, it hasnt stalled yet but it get really damn close. I also changed the inline filter less than a week ago. I dont know if anyone has run out of gas but thats exactly what it feels like.

Also I was in a tweaky kind of mood yesterday so after I used my fuel filter wrench "screwdriver to the side with a hammer" I decided to cut the hell out of the filter and see how bad it looked and holy smokes. It was thrashed. I swore that it was going to fix the problem but no not yet. Im runn out of ideas.

I also had the injectors out and pop tested and cleaned about a month ago.

Im trying to convince myself that the fuel system is really dirty, and that im just clogging filters. The truck has about 140k on it and the motor is around 65k.

So basically im stumped.....Anyone???

·
Registered
397 Posts
That sucks... I wish I could be more help. I'm keeping an eye on this because of my 4bt. I'm not very familiar with older motor especially when you can't pull codes. At least it would give u a direction to go. I hope you find a fix.

Eugene

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its even more tricky cause I have the motor in a ford, LOL. Im thinking in may be the pickup tube in the gas tank. I think that there is some sort of screen or something and every now and again its trying to suck up the gunk that the biodiesel is cleaning off the tank. Just another guess though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts