Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a bad storm roll through last night. It started hailing little dime size hail. It just kept getting louder and louder. Sounded like my house was getting the hail beat out of it. So I took a look outside to see baseball size hail and some bigger. By the time it was over the house had two broken storm windows and my truck.. Well, my truck looks like swiss cheese! Needless to say I was am very upset.:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Sounds like you get a new truck.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Man, that sucks! I feel for you, my old truck got the sh!t beat out of it in a hail storm too. I had dents ALL over, broken headlights, and a shattered windshield! Good luck with the insurance company.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Same Here

We had a bad storm roll through last night. It started hailing little dime size hail. It just kept getting louder and louder. Sounded like my house was getting the hail beat out of it. So I took a look outside to see baseball size hail and some bigger. By the time it was over the house had two broken storm windows and my truck.. Well, my truck looks like swiss cheese! Needless to say I was am very upset.:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Happened to me on Friday. I was able to get my truck under the carport before it got too bad but my fathers truck really got it bad. I am dropping my truck off today at the body shop, should have it back sometime next week. His truck took like 7,000 dollars worth of damage.:S: It is a 2000 3/4 ton Ford and they will be fixing it instead of totaling it out. So I doubt your truck will be getting totaled either.

GOOD LUCK!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I didn't know it rained last night. Went out and checked my truck, thank god no damage. Just a little water on the hood.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
in colorado ive seen the auto dealerships get hit hard, they have hail sales. looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. made my cedar shake roof looked like kindling

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure they will want to fix it. I just hate dealing with insurance companies. I would have put it in the garage with my wifes Tahoe but it will not fit due to the cab lights. So I just bit my lip and watched it do its damage:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
95 Posts
A friend of mine is an ex dent wizard employee,and he fixed the hail damage on the hood of my GMC truck about a yr ago,it had about 50 dents in it,he fixed everyone,and you cannot tell it was ever touched,no paint work whatsoever.I got a great deal on the truck,due to the hail damage,and he fixed it in one day with his helper.
If your insurance co will cut you a check,Id look for a paintles dent removal service in your area,this is a very profitable job for them.They rather work all day on one spot than drive all over the county fixing a dent at a time,losing money to drive time,and fuel.i think you'd be able to negotiate a good deal,and get the truck fixed with a few dollars left for mods.:party018:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would have put it in the garage with my wifes Tahoe but it will not fit due to the cab lights.
If it's that close, why not just air the tires down to make it fit? Been there, done that.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My truck looks like they took a ball pean hammer to it. :banghead:
Mine looks like a ball pean hammer and a sledge! Turned my claim in this morning so we will see. Prob. going to need a new roof as well!:banghead:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Damn guys sorry to hear about the bad news!! That sucks it wouldn't fit in the garage my truck comes real close to mine but she leveled on 35s. Hope all works out and ya get it all buffed out

·
Registered
177 Posts
i keep a moving blanket in my truck at all times... just in case. i used to live in the ozarks... my dad used to get a new truck once a year cause of hail lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn guys sorry to hear about the bad news!! That sucks it wouldn't fit in the garage my truck comes real close to mine but she leveled on 35s. Hope all works out and ya get it all buffed out
A buddy of mine is an insurance adjuster he came and looked at my truck this morning and said paintless dent repair just isn't and option. He said it would be around 8 grand!:confused013:

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
A buddy of mine is an insurance adjuster he came and looked at my truck this morning and said paintless dent repair just isn't and option. He said it would be around 8 grand!:confused013:
OMG! My fathers truck has the following items being replaced: Hood, both front fenders, windshield, 20 hours of body woork to the roof, and bedside replaced. Its still not 8 grand worth of work. Your truck must have gotten it worse than his!!

SORRY!! :S:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I was up last night when it hit yall sorry to hear about yalls trucks

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMG! My fathers truck has the following items being replaced: Hood, both front fenders, windshield, 20 hours of body woork to the roof, and bedside replaced. Its still not 8 grand worth of work. Your truck must have gotten it worse than his!!

SORRY!! :S:
I will get some pics up tonight. Every part of the truck has damage even my bed caps:confused013:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts