Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After loading the Smarty I immediatly got codes. I completely removed edge and my power puck,unplugged and plugged in everything the way I was supposed to before loading Smarty ME software. Truck ran fine for a day code free.The next day my truck would not even start:banghead:Codes were P0336 crankshaft position sesor P061C ETC level 2 rpm performance and P0106 Map sensor. Returned to stock loaded software again trying all sorts of SW levels then got these codes only once. P0192,P051C,P0472,P0652,P2228,P0107:shock:Cleared codes and returned to stock. Loaded Smarty again and truck won't start. Returned truck to stock and it starts right up but still runs P0336 Crankshaft pos sen per and P061C ETC level 2 rpm,and of course my egr codes but seems to run fine. Then tried to hook up my power puck and rail pressure gauge on stock and get the dreaded flashing lightning bolt.:confused013: Will only start and run stock.(or as stock as it can be) any advice I'd appreciate. Also nothing was stacked with the Smarty.

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
I had the Crankshaft code a long time ago and it seems tied with the RPM code. Had to take it to dealer and have the sensor replaced I would get the lightning bolt with these codes as well when I floored it. As for the other codes when you ran the smarty did you make sure you had the ME version and did you select EGR/DPF off under the adjust options menu./

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for quick reply

Yes I have the ME version for sure. Sorry forgot to mention that I turned off the EGR/DPF option several times and then reloaded the SW. I figured that the sensor was going to have to be replaced.Thanks for the info.

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
the P0106 code is pretty common on the DR07ME software. there is a couple beta tunes out there that wont let that code pop up. Did you follow the smarty website instructions to an exact when you did the deletes.. Also did you do the deletes then clear codes then turn DPF off then load the SW level?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
I've seen before where the connector doesn't get mated fully again after removing the tuner. Have you checked to make sure that the crankshaft angle sensor is fully mated with all pins being fully seated into the connector? Sometimes the pins can push out of the connector as well and that could cause the issue.

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Probably mainly from the Smarty. I put a Fluidampr on my truck and I dont see Crankshaft sensors to be prone to loosening and moving. Also the Smarty possible jacked your timing up too much or too less, who knows. Take off the Smarty ASAP and leave it off till you talk too someone who is a dealer or Marco.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
The way I read his original post is that he just took all the other equipment off and then put the smarty on. I think the edge taps into the crankshaft angle sensor to know where/when/how to advance the timing. If he didn't get that clipped all the way back together or had a pin come out of the harness I think it could cause the codes he's seeing.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
I'm speculating about the edge I haven't actually installed that guy...other boxes that I've installed used the crankshaft sensor for timing. How does the edge get timing? camshaft sensor? (yes sensor by the tone right on the crank is the one I was talking about.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Edge connects to Crank sensor? Mine didnt. And you are talking about the sensor on the harmonic balancer right?
I didn't think the edge connected to the Crankshaft sensor either, but I'm no diesel tech. Where is the crankshaft position sensor located?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
see here right by the harmonic balancer

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
edge doesnt plug into that if I remember correctly.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
I stand corrected, info assimilated

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
good thoughts though shibby. I think the crankshaft sensor just up and fails sometiimes

· Registered
2,918 Posts
My truck runs fine without the Smarty, with the Smarty on I have a bunch of codes and it runs terrible. It's been off for almost a month now. Waiting.......

· Registered
740 Posts
My truck runs fine without the Smarty, with the Smarty on I have a bunch of codes and it runs terrible. It's been off for almost a month now. Waiting.......
That is really weird!! Because I loaded the SMARTY the other night as per the instructions and BAM!!! Worked perfectky dont have to wait to start, no CEL so far only been a few days . Power is great and now I need tranny upgrade!! Did you try version 11 yet??

· Registered
2,918 Posts
That is really weird!! Because I loaded the SMARTY the other night as per the instructions and BAM!!! Worked perfectky dont have to wait to start, no CEL so far only been a few days . Power is great and now I need tranny upgrade!! Did you try version 11 yet??
Oh my Smarty was Awesome during beta testing for Bob but when I updated it to the 9 or 10, it fell apart like a Chinese motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.