Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving down the highway the other day, and in town the next, when all of a sudden i get a pile of lights, brake light, abs, cel.. and the motor shuts off, i am left with manual steering brakes, and 38x15.50's.. the first time i was playing with my solenoid for my horns, something wasn't working, so i was 'honking' a few times, figured maybe somethings inline, anyways, i think the compressor must have kicked in and all of a sudden there was too much draw somewhere and ? i have lots of things wired to the driverside batt, including compressor system, fass, ppe, all that jazz, stereo's to the pass. side, i dunno, any ideas? no codes after i come to a stop i can just start it right back up.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am having the same problem. It shuts off and nothing works. It will crank but no start. After about five min it will reset and start.

Did you ever figure this out???

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
check your grounds........... battery terminals too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ya thats first thing that comes to mind. Now I have a diff issue. Playing around in the steering column, I unplugged some connectors to check for shorts. Now the skim key bull Sh*t wont let the truck run at all.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,423 Posts
Clear the code and try it..I never got the key code until I done the key on-off trick cleared it and havent gave me any problems yet.My check your key battery also

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well I figured out that issue. It was my fault, pulled the ring antenna of the ignition. haha wasn't reading the key.
But still the issue of why it just dies after an hour of running

1 - 6 of 6 Posts