Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising home at around 60mph a few hours ago fuel pressure at 14psi. I was slowing down ready to exit ,5th gear at about 13-1400rpm. I hear a weird engine noise, kinda like a knock, then all of a sudden my truck starts to sputter and die on me. I look over at my FP gauge and the pressure reads zero :thud:. I pull over and the truck is about to die any minute, so I shut it down. I wait about 2 minutes then give the truck a bump start. FP gauge reads zero at first and then a couple of seconds later jumps up to 16psi. I start the truck and it starts like a champ. On my way home it felt fine like nothing had ever happened. What happened, Is my injection pump shot? Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP to the top

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Run out of fuel?

Loose fuel fitting? (sucking air)

Pump connection? (Plumbing / Electrical)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
i just had the same prob, brought it down and said it was sucking air because the stock pump in the tank went, but i still have the BD aftermarket pump on the rail, now its just hard to start like it loses the prime or something

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had 3/4 of a tank, the funny thing is that it ran perfect afterwards. I have a used airdog 150 sitting at home I gotta install. Just have to drain the tank so I can drop it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts