Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,209 Posts
air filter,fuel filter, or maybe somethin with your injection pump. You have a rail gauge, or a fuel psi gauge? That could be alot of help if you did.

· Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Yep, how old is your fuel filter?

· Registered
383 Posts
if i hit the gas at all when taking off from a light truck will choke on the fuel and take forever to get going. thats how i smoke people out =) it happens more so with the a/c on than anything.
i have to roll off the clutch with no throttle till the clutch is out and than lay into the throttle. if the revs are up when the clutch comes out (or i'm in first gear) than no problems =)

if you can, get rid of the low boost fueling on your programmer/ module or just run a lower setting if you can't drive around it.

· Registered
476 Posts
My last 03 always ran that way. Would choke on the fuel blow out a nice cloud and then take off like a rapped ape

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
In the summer the warmer air contains less oxygen per cubic foot than in winter so depending on where you are in the country and whether or not this is your first spring/summer in your car you may just be seeing normal smoke as a result of warmer weather. I know my truck, even stock would do just as you are saying, and now with my current tune every so often I wonder when it'll want to light off.

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ive been here in ohio for a year now, never remember it doing this last year but i was running a different box also, i may be trying to find a reason to spend money on goodies too...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.