Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Are the best batteries to put in the 2500 Cummins, just trying to get some ideas mine are about 5 years old so it’s about that time

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I’m a fan of Deka. East Penn mfg is the parent co, Deka being the house brand. They also provide the Legend batteries for Napa among others. I’ve got AGMs in mine.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Who is/was the OEM battery manufacturer for 4th gen trucks?

Pushing 5 years on mine. Thinking my next set will come from a test drive!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Recently installed X2 Power batteries (Made by Northstar Battery) from Batteries Plus after one of my stock batteries finally gave up in my 2014. Got them to give the online discount in person, they have a 60 month warranty and most of the places I travel to there is a batteries plus, just in case I have an issue.

I had previous experience with this battery brand battery in a gas application(2 Toyota tacomas) and it is going on 7 years now with no issues. Hopefully I get that type of reliability out of the 2 I put in my Ram.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I went with Bosh AGM's at pep boys, best price I could find and 4 yr warranty on them!
so far so good?

Reactions: hooked55

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Who is/was the OEM battery manufacturer for 4th gen trucks?
They were supplied by whoever gave the lowest bid...:spank:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I went with Bosh AGM's at pep boys, best price I could find and 4 yr warranty on them!
so far so good?
I did the same from pep boys, AGM Bosch. So far so good! :blues:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
There are only so many places that actually make batteries a fraction of the various name brands they sell them under. For me I look at three thing Price, Warranty, and Seller. I went with Autozone, because they are everywhere and have always swapped out my batteries under warranty no questions asked. My son even took one back that hit the radiator fan and they replaced it under warranty.

I would never buy one from advance auto after I had a 1 year old battery die in Fl that I had purchased in NC. They told me I had to take it to the store I purchased it from in NC. Even the manager said so. While in the store I called customer service who then called the store to correct them and I got it replaced. What a hassle.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Frankly it does not matter whose brand name and moniker is on the battery since all batteries are made by just four or five battery manufacturers. What is important is the rated specs such as size for correct fitment into the tray, CCA's etc. I also look for longer warranty periods.

Reactions: 1968rt

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Frankly it does not matter whose brand name and moniker is on the battery since all batteries are made by just four or five battery manufacturers. What is important is the rated specs such as size for correct fitment into the tray, CCA's etc. I also look for longer warranty periods.

Big reason I went with a set of Everstarts from Walmart , price was right, fresh batteries . Warranty is 3years free replacement , 2 years prorated, about as good as any. The specs were slightly higher then the OE's. So far they have done well . Time will tell :smile2:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
While I don't use them on my personal vehicles, I have not had any complaints about Costco & WalMart batteries I've installed on friends' trucks.

Warranty & a nationwide chain are key.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
While I don't use them on my personal vehicles, I have not had any complaints about Costco & WalMart batteries I've installed on friends' trucks.

Warranty & a nationwide chain are key.

I have seen some want to shy away from Costco or Walmart, but have had pretty good luck with some Kirklands that I bought several years ago for my fifth wheel, still doing okay.

I had no reservations about these Walmart batteries, as said have seen some bad mouthing about them ,but I have seen bad mouthing with about everything. :smile2: So Not concerned that they won't serve me well .

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hopefully not here either.

China is overproducing batteries for the EV market, hopefully the heavy duty market stays North American manufacturing.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts